The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wanted for touring museum exhibition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamtex
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Wanted for touring museum exhibition Reply with quote

Although I feel I don't have much chance, I am going to ask anyway....

I help organise a touring video games exhibition which has visted over 13 countries and over 20 venues around the world in the last 10 years including London, Portland, Melbourne, Taiwan, Chicago and Hong Kong to name a few. Unlike most exhibitions this ones tends to stay around for 3 to 6 months in each venue and it organised by a major London art gallery.

I am after the following for a display of cartridge based handhelds. They do not have to work (probably better they don't) but should be in decent condition.

Entex Adventurevision
Palmtex Super Micro
Romtex Colorvision

Although for a exhibition, I do not have a huge budget. So I am after a reasonable price for these, you can even buy it back when the exhibition finishes (but as it has been going for 10 years, I am not sure when this would be).

If you want to be kind hearted and lend one for the course of the exhibition then do private message me, you'll get a nice credit on the display label with a website if you wish.

Mr. Green
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you be at the Game Master exhibition in Melbourne this year Jamtex?
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the same expo that was in Brussels last year as Play Belgium (from Barbican art center or so???)
elepla
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blanka wrote:
Is it the same expo that was in Brussels last year as Play Belgium (from Barbican art center or so???)

you mean the Game On expo
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, They had 2 names on flyers etc, Game On as the ongoing show name, and Play Belgium for the Belgium instance of the show.
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamtex, do you have a list of the event names, cities and dates.

I think you may have better luck in getting a loaner for particular cities. I wouldn't want to loan something to travel the world plus there would have to be guarantee's . I do have a boxed item from the 3 your after as I'm sure others do to. If they feel as I do, there's a chance you may be able to swing a loaner for the city they live in.
Jamtex
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blanka : Brussels was a really bad location that I am surprised anyone found.

Vcoleiro1 : PMed

I generally don't like loaning items for a single city as it is nicer to be able to tell future venues that everything they see can be exhibited. Hence rather wanting to buy items or having things on a long term loan, there are a few things that we have bought but the agreement is that when the exhibition ends that we will offer to sell the item back to them at the same price.

All loans would have a loan agreement and be insured and covered, all these being backed by the City of London so it probably has more legal coverage then most loans.

I am sort of hoping that someone might have a loose spare that they would be willing to loan / sell so that more people around the world can see one in the flesh.

The exhibition has been travelling for 10 years, been to over 16 different countries, visited over 25 venues been seen by over 1.5 million people. Been so successful that we have two exhibitions now.
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamtex wrote:
Blanka : Brussels was a really bad location that I am surprised anyone found.

The trip to the place was weird yes. You start at a total ghetto railway station (bussiest of Brussels though), where the clash of Flanders vs Walone is resulting in the weirdest Belgium is capable of: they give the station two different names! Gare Midi (Translates to Midday station, theoretically South too, but in a romantic way, sounds more like Middle/Centre to the rest of the world), or Station Zuid (South Station)!!!!
From there you had to walk one kilometre through the most cultural street of Europe I guess. 100 nationalities at least exploiting the same amount of small shops. It ended up in a square with a lively market with even more nationalities. You can buy food for every cuisine there.
But then below.....

There is one of the most marvellous locations this exhibit could have been held. The setting itself was magnificent: a labyrinth of old cellars with nice brick arches. Weird route to get there, but the place itself was fantastic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: