The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gakken Puck Monster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Gakken Puck Monster Reply with quote

My favourite Pac-Man when it comes to display quality. This one has the best graphics. The game plays very nice, even when the maze is not very complex. And the sound is easy on the ears too. The joystick has a little less finesse, so I missed some corners.

High score: 3745
Jamtex
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will have to take a photo next time, but got 9999 points, with 3+1 lives (ie perfect game) the last time I played this. It used to be my favourite game as a kid but it is too easy now as there is a way to complete mazes without dying.

The trick is to make the monsters timid for the vast majority of the time. If you move and eat the power pill in the bottom left hand corner, move up the maze and eat the power pill in the top left hand corner, eat the dots in the top middle, eat the power pill on the top right, move down and eat the dots down the right side, eat final power pill and eat the remaining dots in a continous pattern (ie not going back on yourself) then you will complete mazes easily. Timing is the key to eating the monsters, but if you master the mazes then you can get away with just eating 1 or 2 monsters for 50 or 100 points per power pill.

In the maze shown above, you would go...

L L D D R L U U U R U U U D L U U U R R D L R D U U R R D L R D D D L D D R D D D L L L L U R R R R U L L U U

The joystick is reasonably responsive, just move and hold the joystick and change direction when you hear the eating sound or the hearbeat sound.

Played it again today and got 9999 (3+1 lives) again and will post a picture later this week to prove it. I think the next challenge I will post is the time it takes for me to get that score.
Jamtex
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So perfect game in 7 minutes and 13 seconds.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the game stop at 9999, or just no way to determine the score past that point?
Jamtex
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game just stops at 9999, it plays a extend fanfare similar to the music you get when you lose all three lives. So the only way I can think of a chalenge is to get the quickest time to finish a perfect game of 9999 + 3 + 1 lives (you get a bonus at 4000). Packed my camera so I will take a picture today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: