The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
WTB: Gamekey for Jakks Namco Ms. Pacman Plug n Play
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StephenJ
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: WTB: Gamekey for Jakks Namco Ms. Pacman Plug n Play Reply with quote

If you have one you'd like to sell...please send me a message.

Thanks,
StephenJ
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one, the purple one, the blue one or the black one?
And what is the GameKey?
StephenJ
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blanka,
"...Which one, the purple one, the blue one or the black one?..."
I wasn't aware that there were choices.
"...And what is the GameKey?..."
Sorry bud but I'm really confused. I don't know what you were referring to when you asked the first question?

(For others reading this thread, please correct me if I got any of this wrong.)
Jakks released a series of Plug n Play's that would except Gamekeys...that were sold separately. These Gamekeys would plug in the Plug n Play and would load it with additional games. These Gamekeys would only work with the particular Plug n Play in which it was designed. They were not interchangeable.
I have the Jakks Namco Ms. Pacman Plug n Play (it actually has 5 games total). I would like to get the Gamekey for this system.

Thanks,
StephenJ
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, hadn't heard of 'GameKey' before, but these are the Jakks Pac-Man and Ms Pac-Man joysticks I'm familiar with:

Ms. Pac-Man: (blue one)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001C6ISEG/

Regular Pac-Man: (purple one)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009VDXX/

These don't have any kind of adapters to increase the games on them, it's just the 5 games they come with.

Looks like they've made some others over the years too, but those are the two I'm familiar with...

I think this is the black one that blanka is referring to:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028RZ7NS/
Looks like this has 12 games in it, including most of the ones from the previous two joysticks... Never actually played with this one though.

(And, for those that are interested, I've confirmed these are actually emulating the arcade game ROMs. There's a bug in Galaga where you can make all the enemies stop firing at you, and I was able to make this joystick game do that... I don't think they would have programmed it to do that again... Smile Later ROM updates for Galaga fixed this bug, so the joystick is running the original ROMs...)
StephenJ
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik and Blanka,
First off...thanks for the replys.
Apparently Jakks re-released certain Plug-n-Plays, adding the GameKey function as well as High-score saving cababilities.

The units, that have been re-released with these added capabilities, have a circular stick-on plastic label, with the words "GameKey Ready". On my model, this sticker is positioned just behind the joystick.

Here's a quote from Wikipedia:
"...This unit (Namco Plug n Play) contains Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Mappy, Xevious, and Pole Position. Original release versions of this model do not save high scores, but more recent revisions have that ability. After Jakks Pacific introduced their proprietary GameKey expansion card concept, a revision of this model included a GameKey slot. Two GameKeys were released for this model (my mistake...I thought there was just one): One with Dig Dug and New Rally-X and one with Pac-Man, Rally-X, and Bosconian. The GameKey-enabled model does save high scores.

Here's a thread, and photo of the GameKey, at the Atariage website:
http://www.bing.com/images/sea.....07961F9CC9

Here's a Youtube video where, about 5 minutes into the video, a kid is demonstrating the GameKey:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTKc83FbYFE

All the best,
StephenJ
StephenJ
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this eBay listing where the "Gamekey Ready" plastic sticker can be seen behind the joystick:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Namco-.....009wt_1185
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, okay, that explains why I had never seen it... I have the original versions...

It looks like only the Ms. Pac-Man joystick was re-released with the GameKey thing? And the games that it adds are just the games that are in the purple 'Pac-Man' joystick (PM, Dig Dug, Rally-X, Bosconian, but not Galaxian...).

With the GameKey plugged in, can you play _all_ of the games (the Joystick games + the GameKey games), or only the ones on the GameKey until it's removed?
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several of those Jakks plug and play's. I have often thought about collecting those game keys, they are not very common at all. The Jakks - Capcom Plug and Play I have accepts the game key also. It took me a year to get that one, it has 1942 and a few other classics on it.
StephenJ
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...With the GameKey plugged in, can you play _all_ of the games (the Joystick games + the GameKey games), or only the ones on the GameKey until it's removed?..."

In this Youtube video I listed earlier...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTKc83FbYFE
...you will see that when the kid in the video plugs in the Gamekey, and then turns on the unit, only the Gamekey games show up on the screen. Apparently the Gamekey would have to be removed to play the games that came built into the Plug n Play.

StephenJ
GameHoarder
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been collecting the plug n play game systems for about 6 years now and those game keys are tough to find. I bought a few of the game keys with the game systems, but most of my game keys were bought in auctions that had assorted game carts like ones for the I-Quest, Leap Frog, Game.Com systems and such. The so called "junk drawer, odd game lot" auctions.

I haven't seen many of the Game Keys for sale without the plug n play system in the last couple of years, and when I did they wanted around $5.00 - $8.00 each for the keys. That's more then I spend on such things.
StephenJ
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a bump...still would like to get at least one of the Gamekeys for Jakk's Ms. Pacman Plug N Play.

Thanks,
StephenJ
StephenJ
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received one of the Gamekeys...containing PacMan and Bosconian. Very Happy
I wouldn't mind getting the other one that has Dig-Dug, Rally X, and something else on it...(I'm never happy). Wink

Contact me if you have one to sell.

Thanks,
StephenJ
Jamtex
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a couple of the Japanese Lets TV play classic consoles which have Gaplus / Dragon Buster and Mappy / Xevious which seems to be powered by Xavix hardware and are a joypad like unit which uses a common psu and video / audio interface.Always wanted to see how different they were to the Jakks Pacific units.
StephenJ
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamtex,
I'm really just looking for the remaining GameKey for my USA Jakks PnP...just to complete the set.
But thanks anyway,
StephenJ
StephenJ
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a bump...
Still looking for the Gamekey for Jakks Ms. Pacman Plug'N Play, that has Dig-Dug, Rally X on it.

Contact me if you have one to sell.

Thanks,
StephenJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: