The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ridiculistings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woolfman
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vcoleiro1 wrote:

Yes , this guy has been spoken about on other forums, he is flooding ebay with these slapped together books from wiki pages. It definately should not be allowed.

Not only sold on Ebay. I´ve seen a similar book being sold on Amazon, containing "info" on Lynx and other handheld cartridge-based consoles.
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battle.....2930wt_952

this idiot wants $1,000.00 for a copy of Tiger Electronics Battletoads. the item is listed as "complete" but has no packaging or manual. he wants $30.00 alone just for shipping, he's had 29 offers. i'd offer $0.99 but $30.99 is $11 more than what i paid for my copy.

the seller goes on to say, "We Can't Keep This On Our Shelves, Everyone Wants It"

i call bullshit. if that was the case it'd be gone.
GameHoarder
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the seller is that fake "PAWN STARS" show. They are just looking for more spot lights and fame.

I have seen the show while visiting friends that had it on. They call it a "reality show", but it's as real as pro wrestling is. All staged for little children and the low IQ Wink
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a Battletoads for $250 BIN with a start bid of $50. NOt even a single bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battle....._500wt_997

Just looked at the completed listings on ebay, the last 4 sold for between $19 and $50
GameHoarder
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the last 5 years or so I have bought the Tiger Battletoads handhelds off eBay for around $1.00 - $3.00 each as that's what I pay for such handheld games. I do get most of my Tiger handhelds and others in auctions that have 4 or more handhelds in a lot. I have bought lots with 30 to 100 or more handhelds in them. I do very well on those lots as it seems that there are not many people that want to bid much on such a lot.

I have at least 5 of the Tiger Battletoads handhelds with one in the package. All bought within the $1.00 - $3.00 each range including shipping Surprised
GameWatchGuy
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Here' one. And it sold!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA.....0736846867

~John
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameWatchGuy wrote:
Hi.
Here' one. And it sold!

Does the seller have the money yet. Read about it and that he was still waiting. Probably impossible for PayPal to handle that, and I wonder if it goes under Buyer Protection Mr. Green
GameWatchGuy
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Paypal would surely take a helluva chunk. Maybe he's waiting on the cash/check.
I couldn't access the history page. You did?

~John
nicknicknickandnick
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenner Star Wars Laser Battle $695.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360477628342

Compare that to the highest I've seen for one with box and instructions at $262, which itself is oddly high, as the next highest I've seen was £77, and often it would go for something in the low twenties of US dollars.
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konami TMNT Basketball for $229.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200899137724

seller's description:
This Teenage mutant ninja turtles basketball konami handheld is the only one available on the web as of right now. Look around there is no record of one being sold anywhere on the web. I've emailed handheld museums who have pictures of every komami handheld in the box except for this one and posted in collectors forums around the web and another cant be found for sale. This item is very rare.

that game isn't rare. it's probably worth $40-$80 sealed at BEST depending on imperfections/yellowing.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bomberpunk wrote:
Konami TMNT Basketball for $229.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200899137724

seller's description:
This Teenage mutant ninja turtles basketball konami handheld is the only one available on the web as of right now. Look around there is no record of one being sold anywhere on the web. I've emailed handheld museums who have pictures of every komami handheld in the box except for this one and posted in collectors forums around the web and another cant be found for sale. This item is very rare.

that game isn't rare. it's probably worth $40-$80 sealed at BEST depending on imperfections/yellowing.

*looks through emails*
Hmm, seems he did send me an Email earlier this month... He stated he had it sealed and I should send him an Email if I had any questions... Don't really collect these, so I never asked him anything. Cool

I always love how people (and this is 'in general' with regards to sellers on eBay) can find absolutely NO record of something they have being sold anywhere, and can come up with a value to start an auction at (usually in the hundreds, sometimes thousands)... If you've never seen it sell before, list it for 99 cents and see what it sells for, then you know what it's worth. Mr. Green
GameHoarder
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is where the seller found their value information.

http://www.rarityguide.com/for.....d-box.html
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I think those people just make stuff up... 'Loose it sells for $30'? Where'd they see that? 'So boxed must be worth a few hundred'? Wow, there's a nice markup...

I've found that nearly 90% of the time a boxed game is worth something near 3x it's loose price. So if it really does sell for $30 loose, that would put it's boxed value around $90, but only if people care about the game. Do any of those Konami LCDs sell for that much? I don't really follow them much, but the few I have people just gave to me, or were included with large lots of games (where the whole lot cost $10)... But I'd say that about the white Tiger LCD games too, and I know some of them can sell for several hundred...

I love his comment 'I guess it's worth what someone will pay for it', so, like I said, list for 99 cents and see what someone will pay for it! Rolling Eyes

Who knows, maybe he'll get a bid and prove us all wrong... Cool
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he/she slightly revised the item after i sent a polite note. now the item's ended. someone here probably offered him a side deal.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bomberpunk wrote:
he/she slightly revised the item after i sent a polite note. now the item's ended. someone here probably offered him a side deal.

I kind of doubt that... Is there anyone here that would pay $50 for this game? Whether you have it or not, if you wanted it what would be your max bid?

I'd only offer $10, but I don't even want it. Chances are if I got it for free I'd just give it to Goodwill... But, like I said, I'm not really a good judge for these newer LCD games, so I could be way off...

I mean, you have to think about it, a game is rare for 1 of two reasons:
1- It's really good/cool/desired and is in demand
2- It sucks and it's not worth it's weight in plastic...
Just because you can't find ANY record of it selling in the last 15 days on eBay doesn't mean it's a priceless heirloom... Even the 'good' Konami TMNT games only sell for $25-35 in sealed condition... My guess is that if there's a large demand for it, it's probably with TMNT collectors more than handheld collectors (or someone that specifically collects the Konami series of games).

But he didn't sell it. Looks like he originally listed it for $299, and then had re-listed it for $229. It didn't sell, so he's re-listed it again for $229. It's still available... What did he 'slightly revise'? It still looks exactly the same.

Last edited by Rik on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: