The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Official 'COOL ITEM ON EBAY!' thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jethro
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vcoleiro1 wrote:
Adventure Vision up on ebay. Check it below

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VTG.....500wt_1137

Uhm... seems that it not work.

On Sep-28-12 at 00:19:13 PDT, seller added the following information:
i continue to try to get something other then the red horizontal lines and the noise coming from it but cannot see anything else yet. i did hear some video game noise from it on one occasion. i tried several times to re-insert the defender game to try to make it work. hoping a easy repair as the game looks to be in good condition.in one picture it looks like there is a crack in the screen but it was just a smudge.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, it probably works. The cartridges on the AV suck, and you if you don't have them _perfectly_ placed, you get the exact results he's talking about. If the mirror is spinning, and throwing up solid or dotted red lines, it's working good enough that it's fixable... I've seen some that only work with the cart delicately placed a certain way, and if you touch it during game play it dies. Cool It's just a flimsy system...

Usually repeated re-inserting of the cart will eventually give good results, so it's possible there is a problem with it (even the cartridge could be bad I suppose), but it's promising that it does something. The hard-to-replace things seem to be working (motor and LED board), most of the remaining circuitry is easily replaceable if need be... There's a RAM chip on there too, never had to replace one, but that could have gone bad as well...

It's very clean looking though. No excessive paint wear on the control panel area (a little discoloration on the marquee though), the console seems nice and white (I see these yellowed a lot), battery cover present and new-looking battery compartment. I assume the side cover is there too, he doesn't show that side. Just for all that alone I'd be tempted to get it and swap the guts from my ugly system... Rolling Eyes (Not worth $650+ to me for that though...)
MrBland
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
Eh, it probably works.

Heh heh, I hope your right Smile I'm the sucker that spent too much on it Wink
From his description I thought it was probably a cartridge problem. Well if its' more hopefully you guys can help me get it going again Yessss!

Tomorrow I should get it and I guess I'll find out...
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrBland wrote:
Rik wrote:
Eh, it probably works.

Heh heh, I hope your right Smile I'm the sucker that spent too much on it Wink
From his description I thought it was probably a cartridge problem. Well if its' more hopefully you guys can help me get it going again Yessss!

Tomorrow I should get it and I guess I'll find out...

I'm sure it will be an easy fix and if so, it will have been a bargain. They normally go for between $800 - $1000 with defender lately. Especially in that condition

I bought mine for $1400 - but it came with all 4 games released for it
MrBland
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already scanning every gaming forum I know of looking for the other three games. If any of you guys want to part with some, you know who to call Wink
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger Galaxx for $300:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251162280171

Not a bad price for this (little less than I paid for mine...)
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was at $10 until the last minute. i thought i was going to win with $30 but with 5 seconds left it jumped to almost $200

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221136698143

i'm guessing it's the Entex game that made it jump so high, i know it wasn't the Tiger Bo Jackson, and the other thing (TI Dataman) just looks like a calculator.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bomberpunk wrote:
this was at $10 until the last minute. i thought i was going to win with $30 but with 5 seconds left it jumped to almost $200

i'm guessing it's the Entex game that made it jump so high, i know it wasn't the Tiger Bo Jackson, and the other thing (TI Dataman) just looks like a calculator.

Did you get them, or get outbid? I think I've only seen like 5 or 6 of that Entex game in the 14 years I've been collecting... It's right up there with Black Knight Pinball in terms of rarity... $178 is still a good price for it I'd think, especially if it works...
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
It's right up there with Black Knight Pinball in terms of rarity... $178 is still a good price for it I'd think, especially if it works...

Yeah, if I had seen this, I would have paid plenty more. I don't spend the time scanning auctions anywhere near like I used to though. Mostly I just use ace.com to look for highly watched auctions. And get eBay search emails, of course, but he didn't even mention "maze" in the title or description...

No box, anyway. Someday I want to have the complete boxed Entex collection!
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
bomberpunk wrote:

Did you get them, or get outbid? I think I've only seen like 5 or 6 of that Entex game in the 14 years I've been collecting... It's right up there with Black Knight Pinball in terms of rarity... $178 is still a good price for it I'd think, especially if it works...

i got outbid. i underestimated the rarity of that Entex game, which was the real reason i went after it. i was hoping to be the only "sniper"

i'll get you next, time, gadget. next time.
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bomberpunk wrote:
i got outbid. i underestimated the rarity of that Entex game, which was the real reason i went after it. i was hoping to be the only "sniper"

Don't whine. Read the text. The stupid åss who sold it did not even take time to test it. You probably would have bought one with a totally faded or damaged LCD.
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blanka wrote:
bomberpunk wrote:

Don't whine. Read the text. The stupid åss who sold it did not even take time to test it. You probably would have bought one with a totally faded or damaged LCD.

i was asked a question and i answered it.
thanks for your input though.
freefall
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.... Did a member of this forum win this Entex game...? Wink
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd spotted it also, had it added to my watch list, brought the auction up with 10 minutes to go, then walked out to make a coffee only to find I'd spent more than 10 minutes making coffee. Dohhh!
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blanka wrote:
bomberpunk wrote:

Oh, i wouldn't bet on that in this case... It's obviously an antiques dealer of some kind, and he's been selling a LOT of handheld games in lots of 3-6, all of them dusty and untested... I think this really is a case of someone that just doesn't care enough to test them...

And, as rare as this game is, even broken it's worth more than it sold for...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 83 of 95

Jump to: