The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best arcade porting and best shooter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonSpirit
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Best arcade porting and best shooter Reply with quote

Hello everybody, I know there are many ports from coin-ops... which are the best in your opinion?
And, from arcade ports, what's the best shoot'emp up?

Obviusly I say Dragon Spirit Wink
and you?
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gakken Amidar is better than the arcade version, Parker Q*bert is very accurate, Ms. Pac-Man is great, Frogger very accurate. I also like Burger Time, but the playing field is much simpler.
Shoot-m-up wise, I really like FL Zaxxon (even though it uses the Intellivision first-person view) and Astro Thunder 7 (not officially a Star Wars port, but they definitely looked at it). Star Force is also nice.

Sorry I only come with VFD games, but I like them much better. They had so much more capabilities to make complex games with that tech due to more detailed displays.
NE146
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Q-Bert was great.

But the best arcade port in my opinion is Bandai Hyper Olympic Challenge 5 It recreates the pounding button action like the arcade game with the 100m race, the long jump, throwing the javelin, Hurdles, and the high jump (the only thing missing is the the hammer throw). But what makes it shine above all other efforts is the 2 player competitive action, which is what the arcade game was all about. My brother and I had a lot of fun competing with it. Smile

My 2nd opinion would probably be Entex Space Invaders.. but for the pure reason that it had little strategic elements from the arcade game like "Counting shots" (to get 30 point ships) which other invader ports didn't have. You could also do tricks like shooting out the top row only to make the invaders not fire which was somewhat reminscent of the "wall of death" strategy in the arcade game. Just the little touches here and there made it fun to play for someone familiar with the original. Smile
riptor2006
Microvision

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think, the best arcade conversion to a lcd game, are Bomberman from Mame games, realy good game for playing, and Shooter, Dragon Spirit and Zaxxon
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with the statement above about Bomberman, although it's a little egg-shaped keychain by Bandai it's awesome. music, blast sound effects, even a bonus stage. it's all there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: