The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gakken Crazy Kong (CGL Super Kong also)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Gakken Crazy Kong (CGL Super Kong also) Reply with quote

775 points at game B

A new one to test... My favourite Donkey Kong clone. This one is slickest of all in terms of game play. It has incredible response to the stick, and you can jump over 2 barrels back and forth if you are quick!
I love the variation with the barrels to jump, the Micheal Jackson moonwalk platform with coal carts and the walk under the dancing fire platform. The second level is also good fun, with elevators, falling drums and prizes to collect.
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Gakken Crazy Kong Reply with quote

923 points at game B

Game B is sooo hard on this one. Slight increase....

Fun thing on this one is that you can bounce on the edge. Feels like Chuckie Egg 2 for the Spectrum. If you jump from the second last position on one of the sides towards the side, you go up-right and then down left again. Only use this move with lots of care! With the Coleco DK you just fall off....
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Gakken Crazy Kong Reply with quote

1319 points at game B

Picked it up again. Nice run today.
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is CGL Super Kong, the same game under a different name. Wasn't sure if I needed to start a new topic.

As for the game, wow! I'm very impressed. In my opinion, definitely far better than Coleco Donkey Kong. The movement and gameplay is so smooth. I find the levels more interesting and enjoyable as well.

The first level - has moving rocks that fall from the top and roll right/left on the lower levels, a conveyor belt that moves right/left (a beep signals the change in direction) with moving carts on the middle level, and a bouncing fireball on the top level before you go up to save your babe.

The second level - slightly puzzley with up/down moving platforms, items to get for points, and falling rocks accompanied with bouncing fireballs.

Game B is tough, but I like how everything speeds up as you advance further through levels. Got a few double rock jumps. Wondering if I can get a triple.

My high score right now on game B is: 2804

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: