The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bandai BurgerTime (VFD)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoePal
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Bandai BurgerTime (VFD) Reply with quote

i'm just warming up....

JoePal
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i forgot this one has 2 game difficulties:
- G1 (easy mode with all ladders on both sides)
- G2 (hard mode with random ladders)

game mode indicators "G2" are shown at the bottom right of the screen - here's my best score.. 7,050 Smile

blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you set the difficulty? There is only a sound and power switch.
I was wondering about those ladders. The LCD game blocks ladders pretty fast (after 2 levels or so), and with the VFD version I was not seeing any ladder blocking at all.
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying hard now, but OMG G2 is hard. The platform-warping is really confusing (because there are ladders missing, you can walk over to the other side). Also it is a real pain that you can't pepper on the right side of the screen. As the baddies can take a shortcut on that side (they are faster up and down than you) and you can't pepper, it is really risky to take the right side ladders. Also frustrating is the fact that Mr Egg appears at the middle of the third platform. Even if you stand there. The hotdogs at least introduce themselves at a safe off reach spot.
JoePal
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh hello Blanka. i didn't see your old message over a year ago.. sorry! hmm i am not sure about the difficulty change cuz it's been a while since i played them. Smile

..now you're making me wanna play BurgerTime again! lol.
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap! I was playing this to make a movie, no serious aspirations, yet I see I broke the highscore. It could have been higher as the neighbour ran into my office because he got wacko of the sound, and I lost a life.

I did 6800 on G1, and I somehow feel this mode might even be harder in the end.... but I did not try hard on G1. Guess they are very close. G1 has more ladders, but it also misses the warp escape possibilities and the baddies have less options than you to walk around. But on G1, the baddies don't use the stairs on the left, in G2 they do. Maybe we should open op the highscore list for G1 and G2. They are both challenging. Let's battle for the hardest game of the two.

Very frustating on Burger Time: you can lift the power switch if you are too fanatic on the stick. That resets the game! AAAARGH! Stupid Bandai with its cheap-ass power switches.
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such a fun game. I should do a review of it.

I agree with Blanka in that both game 1 and 2 play different and require different strategies. We should probably have 2 high score categories. Although different, game 2 is harder in my opinion.

My game 1 high score is: 14350

My game 2 high score is: 12400
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's easy enough... I always just figured we'd set them at the hardest possible just to make it challenging, but if there's interest in tracking the score in different modes, I'm cool with that. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: