The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pictures of your first handhelds?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
personal_demon
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love seeing any old 80s toys like this - Would love to see more of peoples photos. Christmas photos of old presents are great fun!... all those mint in pack toys n games that we played to death and then sold for nothing and wished we still had!! I don't have any of handhelds unfortunately, but look forward to seeing more....
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the 2 interiors Rik? They are both great examples of 70ies style, but they are following 2 complete different trends from that time. 2 white little TV's: very modern and very stylish! One for the Atari VCS?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blanka wrote:
What are the 2 interiors Rik? They are both great examples of 70ies style, but they are following 2 complete different trends from that time. 2 white little TV's: very modern and very stylish! One for the Atari VCS?

Haha... Well, the first picture was my bedroom at the time (dad still lives there). It's changed a LOT since then (furniture gone, carpet replaced... Walls completely covered with stuff (or crap as my parents call it... Smile ), and now full of boxes of stuff) But, on my desk in that room, right now, still sits the little TV at the top (which is actually color) ready to be connected to my Commodore 64 (which I have with me here at my place...) The TV on the floor I believe was black and white and I was attempting to fix it... Probably never really succeeded and threw it away (after completely tearing it apart, of course...)

The second picture is the large family room of the house... And it pretty much still looks exactly like that. The red tablecloths are gone (Xmas decorations), but all that furniture is still there... My dad doesn't 'do' furniture... Smile

I'll have to post pictures of what that room looked like when I moved out back in 1987 (and pretty much still looks like except the boxes...) My parents are afraid to touch anything. Rolling Eyes

Teaser:
There's some kind of story behind everything in this room, and surprisingly I think I still remember them all...

Note in this picture, the MB Dark Tower game, still in it's box and the old TV mentioned above still sitting on the desk (and the Timex Sinclair 1000 computer in front of it...) Cool
And, yes, I hung and wired neon all over the place...
pergessle
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pergessle"]
Rik wrote:

I just got back from my parents place a couple of weeks ago, and actually found a couple of pictures of me as a kid playing with some old games (Microvision and a Mattel sports game if I remember correctly, I don't have the pics with me now... Rolling Eyes At work...)

But, I'm going to scan them and at least post them here.

Post them up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: