The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
more of my collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eggie
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she is single and she is verry nice....

But why don't you ask it yourself Wink

http://www.bonami-spelcomputer-museum.nl/index.htm

For pictures click on "foto's" or take this link if you have to musch trouble with all the Dutch words.

http://www.bonami-spelcomputer-museum.nl/fotos.htm

Good luck.........

Regards
Peter Pie
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's for the links Eggie.

Also 'Hi' to Linda, your collection is outstanding. One to take a step back and be very proud of.

Peter Pie.
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Peter, thanks . It's not as good as some of the top collectors, but's it's mine and I enjoy it. That's the purpose. If I could only get Rik to sell me some of his collection my life would be complete. Smile

Seriously, I don't have nearly as many as the other guys because I don't collect the nintendo type game watches. I started out by only purchasing games with joysticks. It tickled me to think I might be the female collector with the most "Joy Sticks." It still still tickles me. Then I kept seeing some of the old handheld sports games I had as a child. The Mattel football, Conic Basketball, Tandy football, etc, so I started collecting those also. Then I saw a Bee Gees Rhythm Machine. Bought three of those! (I loved the Bee Gees.) Started buying musical games, Gaf melody madness and so on. Then I got really carried away and started buying just about everything. Now I'm back in control just waiting on those rare joy sticks to fall in my lap. Very Happy

Linda
Peter Pie
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Linda. I am not keen on the game & watches myself. So how about it Rik, are you willing to let go of some of your cherished items to complete Linda's dream Wink Wink ( No pressure mind you).

Peter Pie.
phitter
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Update Request Reply with quote

Hey Linda - when are you going to update your collection photos? For instance, I know you have added a sweet boxed Conic Basketball to the collection!!! Find some time for those of us who live vicariously through your buying prowess!
-phitter
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does she have a daughter by any-chance?
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario, I don't have a daughter, but I do have a God-daughter, who is five. You're going to need to grow your game collection to catch her interest though. I've taught her well...

Then again, now that I think about it maybe I haven't taught her so well. She told me a couple months ago her favorite game in my collection was Major Morgan's Organ. Laughing

Hail Hail to Michigan!

Linda
jboissy
Microvision

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn girl... an Adventure Vision?! You have a boxed Adventure Vision?

<slight coughing, choking noise>

Excuse me... I have to go lay down. Wink

jB
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from Japan with about 25 more games.

Linda
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool... I've always wanted to go to Japan. But I'm sure it would cost me a lot of money! Mr. Green Mr. Green

Can you post a pic of just the games you bought? I can't make them all out in the little image...

Rik
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I flew to Taiwan for work, and took a couple days vacation in Japan, so that makes it more affordable for me.

Several are duplicates of games I have, but the price was right so I picked them up. Nothing extremely rare.I'm going to try to trade a few for games I want. The others I will offer to the forum patrons at cost.

I passed on the $15 boxed virtual boy at the flea market. I did buy the solar game and that beat-up mr. baseball for $5 each at the flea market. I think the $30 adventure zone was my best find, I wish I could have gotten the Mystery Mansion, but they wanted $160 for it. I was not ready to pay that for a game so far down on my want list. I was happy to find the pak pak man and pak pak man II. I traded a book for the erasers. I think he got the best deal, but those erasers are cute.

I've learned that no matter what I'm going to regret not buying something. I saw one of those Japanese books/magazines and I thought $50 was more than I wanted to pay so I didn't buy it. I saw one on yahoo japan and it had a $150 starting bid. Maybe $50 wasn't too much. I passed a lot of games that I already had (in the $30 - 45 range), but now that I think about it still would have been good to bring back since they aren't common here, at least not at reasonable prices.

I'll probably have to go back that way in January if not sooner. Maybe some of them will still be there.

Linda
hiparco
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!! amazing games in these pic.... You're lucky Linda Wink.

These EPoch games are great... but i love the little erasers Wow, i only have one and i wanna buy more, but it's impossible to find Crying or Very sad .

Keep collecting and have a good trip again on january Wink.

Bye
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Slim Pickings in Japan Reply with quote

Back from my latest trip to Japan. I'm learning a lot each time I go.

I've finally memorized the location and routes to the stores I visit. (Not so easy considering I only read a little Japanese and speak a few phrases).

This trip was not very fruitful in my opinion, but others may think differently. I only found 21 games I cared to buy. And of those 21 games I already have 15 of them in my collection. I bought the others because the price was right. I usually don't buy duplicates, but I've been seeing games and Nintendo GW figures that I passed up for $20 in previous trips go for as much as $280 on ebay. Made me rethink passing on some the games, erasers, GW figures, I routinely see and have had no desire to buy.

My new strategy is to buy almost any game in mint condition that's $40 or less. That doesn't mean I still don't pass on dozens of games like Tomy Athleticland and Tomy Kingman. Not sure why there are so many of those, but I see them all over Japan.

I see a trend of the larger tabletop disappearing in Japan and 2 of the stores I normally visit no longer carry any portable games at all. I have no idea why. My communication wasn't good enough to figure out everything they were saying. I hope as the summer comes and tourist season picks up maybe the stores will stock more games. This time there were slim pickings. Hardly worth the trip for me. Even with a ~70% corporate discount the hotel I stay in is expensive (to me) I actually shouldn't complain, but I was hoping to find a few more rarer items since I didn't the trip was just OK for me, not great.

I'm supposed to go to Asia again in May, so if that trip doesn't get canceled I'll get to see if this fewer games available is a new trend or not. I think it must be because I saw several more "not for sale items' in one store, which means they must be getting rarer.

Oh by the way. I've starting leaving the clear cellophane on the games so that why it looks like every game has a sticker on it. The sticker is on the cellophane not the games. And yes that's 3 multiboy dam panic's back there. The price was right. I think since the store had so many it brought the price of all of them down. I decide not to buy any of the larger tabletops. They were all duplicates of ones I have and they would take up to much space in my suitcase. Now that I think about it, the larger tabletops were all priced $10-$25. I wonder if that's why the store aren't carrying more of them? Maybe they sell too cheap and it's not worth the space they take up?

Speaking of space I'll need to update the pictures of my collection/game room soon. I've added probably 300 - 400 since the last ones were taken.

Take care,
Linda
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have to thank the Almighty that I don't collect LCD games,otherwise I would have had only two options,envy you or hate you!
This way I can look at your findings and only cheer for you.
Congrats!
The white Merlin, is one of the most beautiful games I ever had in my hands.So modern, so sleek,so ahead (from a construction pow)of its time.Really a solid and beautiful machine.It was really a pleasure holding it!

Alex
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tanatron wrote:
I really have to thank the Almighty that I don't collect LCD games,otherwise I would have had only two options,envy you or hate you!
This way I can look at your findings and only cheer for you.
Congrats!

I've got to agree with Alex. 21 games is an impresive hoard for one trip, especially when in such good condition. I'm just greatful too that they do nothing for me. I'd probably be bankrupt and divorced by now if I did. Wink

Neil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: