The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
more of my collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I didn't collect LCD's. Ah...the good old days. I think Taki gave me one (pancake) for free when I bought other games from him and I thought about collecting them, but I was able to resist. Then I saw a few LCD games with joysticks and you know I have to buy every joystick game. Then I ran out of tabletops and had nothing better to collect. Crying or Very sad

I thought I'd pick up some of the more elusive LCD's that also have tabletop versions, then I could display both versions... Tiger tabletops, Tiger LCD's, VTECH tabletop displayed near VTECH LCD's etc.

Then I saw a couple of cool sports LCD's and I try to collect most sports games...so I pick them up.

It sneaks up on you gradually. Never say never with these things. I didn't think I'd ever collect so many LCD's.

Linda
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda ! 21 games in one trip... surely it ain't bad Mr. Green

Just going to Japan more than once a year is great !!! Hell simply going to Japan is something !

I hope i won't fall in love with LCD's, LED's and VFD's are quite enough for the time beign !

You're collection is pretty impressive Linda, by the way for your next book can you tell us about the differences with your first one ?

Thanks

Pat
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Linda ! 21 games in one trip... surely it ain't bad

You guys are missing the fact that I have them all except 6, but OK, I think my standards are higher because I didn't enjoy the shopping as much. Two of my stores no longer carried portables and a third was closed on the day I went. But, you are right, 21 games is nothing to sneeze at.

Quote:
by the way for your next book can you tell us about the differences with your first one ?

You want the short version of the long version? Short version, great.

1. Removing the game list
2. Reordering by category and sub categories. (for example Sport- baseball, football, soccer, etc,)
3. Expanding the number of games and boxes. -At least double maybe more.
4. Expanding the collector's corner. adding short interviews and pictures of the collectors with their collections.
5. Adding a "Fun Facts/Bar Room Argument" section

What is the Fun Facts/Bar Room Argument section? Glad you asked.
I may have mentioned it here before, but every time I have a party I get at least 3 - 4 guys (walking around with beers) in my game room arguing about who was on the boxes and who was the best football/baseball player or team at that time. I'm always amazed at who they can identify. Anyway I've started mentioning it during my game room tours to friends and they really enjoy it and I review it when I give presentations to high school kids about the history of handheld video games. They seem to like it eventhough they have no idea who most of these guys are. (I give them a free games for right answers so they always participate) I thought it would be cool to add a few pages on it. I had identified about 48 different people, but my computer got erased and reformatted when I sent it in to get a new DC Jack Embarassed and I had to start over from a memory.
(I know the two have nothing to do with each other, but they cleaned my computer of all viruses for free...)

I had to just leave it alone and move on. Evil or Very Mad

Here's a recent example I'm working on. This is Gen Art Co. Football. Excuse the picture, it's just one I had on hand. Not very high quality. You can't see all the numbers so take my word for it. I usually write a sentence or two about the player and their accomplishments, but I haven't here yet.

Gen Art Co. LTD, Football
Brad Van Pelt #10, Line Backer –New York Giants
Beasley Reece #28, Defensive Back –New York Giants
George Martin #75, Defensive End –New York Giants
Harry Carson #53, Middle Line Backer –New York Giants
Gary Jeter #70, Defensive End –New York Giants

Tony Dorsett #33, Running Back –Dallas Cowboys
Billy Joe Dupree #89, Tight End –Dallas Cowboys
#52?
#57?

Now you know what I do in my free time. Smile

Linda
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the artwork was probably made from actual photographs... I wonder how hard it would be to try to track those down... I'd love to see an actual photo that was used for some of these games...

I never really thought to try to track down who was on the boxes... Smile Although, I think someone told me who was one of the Mattel sports games at one time (probably still have that in Email somewhere). Neat trivia though.

I'd also love to find the actual artwork... That would be cool it it still exists somewhere.

Rik
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually found one of the original pictures on ebay or on a fan website before my computer was erased. I hope I find it again. That was pretty cool.

Linda
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the details Linda, pretty interesting that "Fun Facts/Bar Room Argument" section. Looking forward for that book.

This time i'll get pictures of my collection so far. As for your computer problem... that is why i have mirrored HD's, lost many things in the past and i hate it !

I'll check the hockey players on the boxes to see if i can identify some of them, hockey is the big thing here, but your Dallas Stars aren't bad either this year Cool

Pat
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it's been forever since I updated pictures. I had to unpack a closet to find and old Adventure Vision I'm selling so I decided to take a couple photos in the process. Here are a couple quick photos of the game room, closet, and just baskets of games. I've really outgrown my game room. I have things stored everywhere. Embarassed

Game Room looking North

Game Room looking East

Game Room looking South

South Curio 1 -Zoom

(Still saving room for a Boxed Pucki Monsters) Rik, please leave me yours in your will. I know you were going to be buried with with it, but just think about it OK? Smile

South Curio 2-Zoom

South Curio 3 -Zoom

Unboxed Walkie type games

(Just realized I don't know where my boxed walkies are... I really have to get organized)

Nintendo Eraser

(Only started collecting these after I saw how rare they were becoming in Japan. Some Japan stores are using them as display (not for sale) items only.

Basket of games1

Basket of games2

Actonics/Bazin/Ludotronic

(If anyone has boxed joystick versions of these for sale or trade I'll make you an offer you can't refuse)

Chest of of games1

cabinet of games1

Closet full of extras and games not on display

Closet full of extras and games not on display

Everyone always asks me if I can zoom in on a particular item. I can't due to the time it would take for all the photos, but if you have questions please let me know.

Linda
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I just wish I had that kind of display space! The only time I get to see even half of my collection is when I drag it to Classic Gaming Expo... Otherwise, it's mostly in boxes in storage... I love the way you have it displayed though, very nice looking! Those cabinets can't be cheap...

Do you know how many games you have? Last time I counted I was at about 900, but that was 3 years ago I think...

I desperately need the rare Actronics/Hanzawa VFD games (Dig n Picman and Wanted G-Man and all the variants)! (I have a Dig and Wanted loose, but that's all...) Damn hard games to find...

One thing I have done with about 90% of my collection is taken detailed, close-up photos of every game, front and back and their boxes if I have them... I've gotten lazy about it over the last couple of years, but it's pretty up-to-date. Comes in handy when someone wants to see a closeup of a specific game (or someone wants to use it in a book or magazine).

Once again- Damn nice collection... I'm jealous of some of it myself! Mr. Green

Rik
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the game room gets much attention. The cabinets were not too expensive. I bought them at a going out of business sale. One corner unit had a broken mirror on the bottom and went for like $125. I just removed the whole mirror. The bookshelves, I bought natural for <$150 and stained them myself. (I'll never do that again. That was real work.)

I had over 800 games at the beginning of 2007. I would say a I have a little over a thousand, but I don't know for sure.

I love those Actronics games. I still can't believe I passed on so many of them. I only collected the ones with joysticks for a couple years.

I thought this one would go much higher, but was happy when it didn't.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA.....amp;ih=023

Thanks for your kind comments. I think every collector has something in their collection we wouldn't mind having ourselves.

Linda
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda wrote:

I thought this one would go much higher, but was happy when it didn't.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA.....amp;ih=023

Yeah, you did get that for a virtual song, I happen to know that the 2nd high bidder is a cheap bastard who was very surprised to come in 2nd. Laughing

I daresay that you, Linda, have the nicest display of games in the whole dang universe! You should be proud, no wonder you get gamers making pilgrimages to your house! Wink
nixontech2071
Microvision

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freaking out man!
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ! Very impressive, love those curio's !!! I also love those actronics games, only have one so far...

1000 games... Shocked i don't even have 200 ... o well one at a time !

Pat
slugbait76
Microvision

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding. What games are on those three watches in the closet and who makes them?
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What games are on those three watches in the closet and who makes them?

There 8 different games in the series. Soccer, Car Racing, Dragon, Wild Horse, Witch, Frog, Monkey, Cat and Mice. I only have the first two( one car racing and three soccers in different colors). Manufacturer unknown. Looks really generic and says made in China.

Rik, has a couple in his unknown section.

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Unknown/CatAndMice.htm

Linda
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, can you send me pictures of the ones you have? I've never seen them 'boxed' before...

Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: