The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
more of my collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik, I just sent. You should have them.

Linda
slugbait76
Microvision

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks. I've a bit of a soft spot for game wristwatches. Actually, I have three of them, just in different packaging and all made in Hong Kong. There are 8 listed too but with one called submarine instead of car racing. Also, the instructions list three other models; football, basketball and river crossing. Here's some pics:

rainlynx
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW YOUR COLLECTION GIVES ME GOOSE BUMPS~VERY GREAT INDEED
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Jawbreaker box photo Reply with quote

Jawbreaker Box. It was in better condition than I thought, but is still my worse Tiger tabletop box. Did I mention I was delighted with it anyway? Smile Delighted I say, delighted!

Curio with Tiger Tabletops. Don't get excited because the games on top of the boxes don't always match the box. I never unbox games for display so the ones on top are extras that just need a place to sit. I need all the space I can get. Games are getting piled everywhere.

A couple more to go....

Linda
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, wait, does that mean you have _3_ Jawbreakers? Shocked

Is one King Kong really green, or has the plastic just faded that way?

Are both of the 'Battle Front' boxes the same game? I know they did a Defender in that body style too... I was just curious if they both came in the same box...

Actually, I can see 'Defender' 'Super Galaxy' and something else written on the boxes... Hard to see tho...

Rik
Panic Button
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running out of space Linda?

Maybe it's time to have a spring clean and sell a few of your duplicates! Hint, hint!

I'm sure that there's more than a few of us on here who would jump at the chance of owning an unboxed Jawbreaker or Defender Strikes

Laughing Wink
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, wait, does that mean you have _3_ Jawbreakers?

Yes, but only one works well. One has the Tiger TT contrast issue, but works OK, just need to look close. The third one (just received)is missing the light bulb in the back and the cover so I didn't even try it. Plan to used for spare parts.

Quote:

It's bluish-green. I call it teal. I guess I assumed everyone knew there were color variations.

Quote:
Are both of the 'Battle Front' boxes the same game? I know they did a Defender in that body style too... I was just curious if they both came in the same box...

No they are different games. I recently found out the box always says battlefront, but the games inside are different. These are space invaders and Super cobra.

Quote:
Actually, I can see 'Defender' 'Super Galaxy' and something else written on the boxes... Hard to see tho...

The games sitting on the boxes match what's shown on the sides. There IS some method to my madness. Smile

Linda
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panic Button

Quote:
Maybe it's time to have a spring clean and sell a few of your duplicates! Hint, hint! I'm sure that there's more than a few of us on here who would jump at the chance of owning an unboxed Jawbreaker or Defender Strikes.

Are you kidding? I've tried to TRADE these things umpteen times. No one wants to give up something almost equally rare with a high degree of desirability. They are not worth selling, they have more trade value. Someone offered me $50 for a King Kong TT and when I declined he stretched it to $75. The time it takes me to pack, ship ands wait in line at the post office is almost worth more to me than $50. I rather keep it and look at it for that price. Collectors hardly ever trade. These things become their babies.

I was successful in trading several rare items to Simon for a ton of "nice to have" items for my collection so I guess I shouldn't complain.

If you want to make a trade let me know. I have much more rare things boxed and not on display for trade.

Linda
Panic Button
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is I don't think there's anything I have which you don't, having seen the pics of your collection!!! I doubt few ppl do! Maybe that's why you're having problems trading them!
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda wrote:
Quote:

It's bluish-green. I call it teal. I guess I assumed everyone knew there were color variations.

Yeah, but can you tell for sure if they really are color variations? That blue plastic is very prone to fading after years of being on display, even if not in direct sunlight. Is the inside of the battery area the same color? I had assumed they were all made the nice blue color of the middle one and some have faded over time. Must of the boxed ones I've seen have been the nice bright blue...

And, PLEASE, don't use the broken Jawbreaker for parts!!! Buy a weak-condition King Kong or Smurf and tear it apart to fix the Jawbreaker! That's a much better route considering the value of Jawbreaker! Cool

What kind of un-seen games do you have for trade? Is there anything you know I have that you really want? I can definitely relate to the 'I won't let anything go' mentality, but you never know... I'm just not even sure if there's anything of mine you would actually need... Rolling Eyes

Rik

Last edited by Rik on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are definitely color variations and not faded. The battery compartments match the color.

Quote:
And, PLEASE, don't use the broken Jawbreaker for parts!!! Buy a weak-condition King Kong or Smurf and tear it apart to fix the Jawbreaker! That's a much better route considering the value of Jawbreaker!

Hmm Good point! Very Happy

Quote:
What kind of un-seen games do you have for trade? Is there anything you know I have that you really want?

Not sure what you really want, but, probably a couple things you want.
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to boxing up my extras and things i just don't have room for anymore.

My closet looks so clean now I actually have room to buy more games.

I've picked a couple more games and placed them in the curio on the right.

Regards,
Linda
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those in the boxes all doubles ?

Pat
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are those in the boxes all doubles ?

Yes, anything I box up is extra. I counted over 300 items I need to sell/trade. Although some are so rare I will keep the extras, but in those cases I don't think I boxed them up.

Linda
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as you know i'm a LED sports games fan, so if you decide to sell some (i wouldn't have anything you want for a trade i'm pretty sure) drop me a line !

Pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: