The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hey GUys! (An Introduction)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dochuge
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Hey GUys! (An Introduction) Reply with quote

First off, great website, kudos to the website owner!

I'm in my 40's now but really LOVED Mattel's handheld games of the late 70's. I had: Football, Football 2, Hockey, Basketball, and Baseball. My friend had all of the Coleco head to head sports games and I'd play them but would never buy them (I swore allegiance to the Mattel brand, I was a stubborn teen). What great memories! Also bought the Microvision but had to return it like THREE times because they didn't work properly. Was it me or was this system unreliable? Anyhow, I was bummed since after the 3rd time I just had to face up to the facts that the Microvision wasn't in my future.

Getting back to the Mattel games: Wow! It was the TOTAL package for me: the box, written advert on the box, artwork, packaging, manual, different colors for each handheld, seeing ads in magazines, just the TOTAL experience! Were you guys drawn into it to that degree too? It was equally about the ANTICIPATION of a new handheld coming out as it was the game itself. And then seeing the games hung up way up high on the walls at Toys R' Us. At least that's how my local store used to display them.

Anyhow, nice to meet everyone. I really am thinking about starting a little collection over again but wow, the prices! Also, there is some software for my Pocket PC that lets me play some of these old classics again. Wish it was the late 70's again!
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to our little community Smile

I was a Mattel lover as a kid also but my parent kept buying Coleco or Tandy games !!! So i really discovered them when i started collecting !

And by the way if you start collecting... don't count on stopping at 10-15 games Laughing we all get caugth in the pattern Wink

Pat
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: