The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Am I a scammer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mobutu16
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Am I a scammer? Reply with quote

Incredible but true.

Yesterday I did received an e-mail from someone who wants to buy my AV system...obviously I donīt want to sell it, but if he wants I send him some pics...and with the Jacko madness ebay selling products with a crazy amount of money...(I want to change my ancient car Mr. Green )

Well, I sent the pics and I receive this e-mail:

"Very nice pics, but since you live in Spain, this can't be done. I am very informed with scams and Caraigslist in general. Now in no way am I saying you are a scam, but I would never send money to someone on Craigslist, unless you are willing to send the system first. The only other option would be to wait until you visit the states. Wish you were closer, system looks nice...Sad

Terence"

Obviously I donīt know whatīs mean Craigslist...and obviously he donīt know anything about me...at least , send the money firts it seems an indecent proposal... Wink

Anyway, someone is around who wants to buy an AV System... Yessss! Yessss!
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, in the US Spain is one of those countries that people should be very weary of when buying things. Spain, Russia, China, Portugal, and of course Africa (Nigeria). These are the countries that come to mind when I think of scammers... (sorry, no offense intended... Cool ) There's just way too much internet fraud coming out of those countries. Sure, there's fraud from any country (even the US), but those countries in particular seem to have the highest amount of it... In fact, I was ripped of for about $700 trying to buy a game from Spain... Guess which game?

Yep, it was an Adventure Vision... If I ever go to Spain, I have to pay someone a visit... (It was several years ago though.) And this was an eBay transaction (back before PayPal and such, so there was nothing I could do, mailed the money to him directly... And my gut was telling me not to, something just didn't seem right, but I ignored it...)

Now, on the other hand, this person contacting you could be the scammer hoping you will send the game first and then you never hear from him again... Overseas transactions are somewhat risky regardless...

Craiglist is sort of like an online classifieds site where people just list things they have forsale. It's usually local only though, you show up, pay in cash and leave with your item. Anyone on Craigslist asking you to send money is someone to be cautious with...

Of course, if you do want to sell the system, and run into this problem again, I can handle the transaction for you if he prefers to deal with someone in the states...

Rik
mobutu16
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eltiopool
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Why was it? Reply with quote

Well, maybe they heard that many of my argentinian fellows migrated to Spain after the crash in 2001 and added Spain to the black list. A bad joke I know. It's good that they are coming back to their families now.

Personally, I've never been in Spain, but here there are many people from Europe, including mostly Spain and Italy.

Most of them are old people, over 60. Working and honest people. I think that if you are going to catalog somebody, you should only do it if you know that person. There are weasels all over the world, and they have no color or religion.

Besides, there was a time with so many europeans, that they are part of our folcklore. Who are we going to make stereotyped jokes of if you were not here? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: