The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ridiculistings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slightly revised = he added "in the box" to his description (first sentence).

i would have paid $40 shipped (at the absolute maximum) for that thing, and i am a TMNT collector as well as a Konami handheld series collector.

had it been a great game i'd pay more, but there are too many loose copies out there that make it to eBay for anyone who's curious enough to play it to not shell out $220 for a sealed copy that they wouldn't want to open in the first place.

wow that was one long run-on sentence.
woolfman
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....what a "bargain":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAG.....TQ:US:1123

Interested, anyone? Mr. Green Razz
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap! The seller even forgot to mention that it has serious yellowing from flame retardants. I would buy it an complain on Paypal for that omission Smile
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blanka wrote:
Holy crap! The seller even forgot to mention that it has serious yellowing from flame retardants. I would buy it an complain on Paypal for that omission Smile

? How do you know that? (I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about it, but I'm curious as to the information...)
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white of the top part should be as white as the sticker if I am correct. Here it doesn't, just like when you leave a Burger Time, Pengo or DK Jr. in the daylight. Search for RetrObright on how to get it white again.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blanka wrote:
The white of the top part should be as white as the sticker if I am correct. Here it doesn't, just like when you leave a Burger Time, Pengo or DK Jr. in the daylight. Search for RetrObright on how to get it white again.

No, yeah, I get that it's yellowed from UV exposure (he says that in the auction listing), what I didn't understand was the 'flame retardant' part. It's just normal yellowing from being exposed to sunlight or florescent lighting... Happens to a lot of things... And he does state:
"The plastic has yellowed"

I gathered from your original post that you thought it was yellowing due to something else.

[Edit]- I see what you mean now, I forgot about being the flame retardant _in_ the plastic that causes the yellowing... He may not even know that (I'm sure most people don't), but he did know it had yellowed...
woolfman
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already contacted him and told him about the unrealistic price.
He refused and told me, he would leave fixed on that price "for now".
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modern white plastic does not yellow. Nice example is the Mac Mini. If you have a Core2Duo or later one, the cover stays nice white. The old G4 mini's turn yellow. It is because there is bromine in the plastic to prevent getting on fire. With Retro-Bright you can reverse the bromine turning brown. Many VFD/LCD games had flame retardants. Bandai's and Nintendo for example do have these retardants, where Tomy, Bambino, Gakken games don't have these problems.

The other thing that happens under sunlight is that pigments fade. That has the opposite effect. The colours become lighter instead of darker/yellower. Nice example is the yellow beer crates.
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castlevania II - Simon's Quest --- don't be fooled for $699.99

super rare japanese box, yes?
super rare japanese instructions, yes?
super rare japanese handheld, NO!!

take a closer look. the device has the Tiger logo (no sign of Sega or GameVision), and the American artwork from the NES game.

Tiger collectors: a legitimate minty-complete japanese version is worth no more than $250 tops, so skip out on this ripoff.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bomberpunk wrote:
take a closer look. the device has the Tiger logo (no sign of Sega or GameVision), and the American artwork from the NES game.

Um, do you have a picture of one that looks different? I have never seen a Tiger game in a Japanese box that actually says 'Sega' on the game itself, they always say 'Tiger' and look exactly the same as the ones released here... Only the box and manual are different. (And I've seen several of this specific game sold in Japan that look just like this auction, says 'Tiger' and has the same artwork. It is legitimately sold in Japan in this configuration... But maybe there's also a Japanese alternate version as well?)

The only games I've ever seen Sega's name on are ones that were actually licensed from them, but even then the US and the Japanese ones have always looked the same. (But I haven't seen everyone in Japanese packaging either...)

Not going to comment on the price... Nothing on eBay that's a Buy-It-Now is ever fairly priced. Rolling Eyes
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't have a japanese example or a photo of said handheld, but here is some related proof or Tiger rebranding:
Grandstand variation example 1 | Grandstand variation example 2
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I didn't mean that they don't ever get re-branded... Grandstand does that with all kinds of companies... I was specifically talking about Tiger games in Japan. Seems I have this game (Simon's Quest) listed twice (heh, oops), but the second one is the Japanese box:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/SimonsQuest.htm

Hard to see the game, but the artwork is still the same...
Here's some others in the Japanese Sega boxes, but with the same Tiger-branded games sold in the US:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/Gauntlet.htm
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/Karnov.htm
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/SkeetShoot.htm
(In a very weird box...)
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/ThunderBlade.htm

The only game I could find that I've listed on the site that was uniquely Japanese was Out Run F1:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/OutrunF1.htm
But that's a Sega licensed game to begin with (not strictly a handheld of the arcade game Out Run though, not sure if there was an F1 sequel in arcades), and I've never seen a US/English version of the Formula 1 version of the game (doesn't mean it doesn't exist though, I don't really follow these Tiger games, just what people send me pics of...)

But, for the most part, the Japanese versions of the Tiger games were the same games just put in a Sega/Game Vision box with Japanese writing...
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. i wasn't aware that the Japanese versions include american artwork. that seems so silly and out of place.... it's still a ridiculisting with that price, though! Smile
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Coleco Pacman Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Pac-Man.....2c6f3342a8

I don't know what this says. but I hope people are not thinking this is a rare variation. I almost fell for that when I was a new collector.

Regards,
Linda
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a bastard version? Black bottom and blue top? Looks shitty black with blue. And defect as well.... 101€ current bidding. Weird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: