The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
After Burner hand held

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowFlame76
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: After Burner hand held Reply with quote

Ok, i got the After Burner hand held game in the mail today, it is the Tiger type game, however down where it says "Tiger" on the Tiger Electronics version mine says "Grandstand" though it looks and plays exactly the same, so i am guessing Tiger and Grandstand are the same company or Tiger gave the rights to Grandstand for some of its games? i doubt mine is any rarer lol.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandstand is a UK company that sold Tiger games under their name.

You can find a lot of Tiger's games re-branded Grandstand, especially if you search the UK section of eBay ( www.ebay.co.uk )

They also licensed games from Tomy, Epoch, Bandai and probably others

Rik
ShadowFlame76
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh ok that makes sense, weird thing about that game is it has a button on it that has no label on it.. it's right where the on/off, sound, start buttons are.. very odd i press it but it doesn't seem to do anything, wonder why they include it.. also, the attack options are "fire" and "bomb".. really, bomb really should say "missle" since you don't shoot down jets with bombs..lol... i also took it apart to clean it to make the controls more responsive which was a success Smile

I guess maybe i should've taken pics, since i don't see any in the "guts" section for those type of hand helds..
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They used the same case design for hundreds of games... It's probably just cheaper to have an 'unused' button than to actually cover it up. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: