The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Count's Number Bowling Electronic LCD Game~Test Sample

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainlynx
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: The Count's Number Bowling Electronic LCD Game~Test Sample Reply with quote

The Count's Number Bowling Electronic LCD Game Engineering Sample. What type of company is Tectron?

http://www.google.com/base/a/rainlynxmedia/4737290/D7453908988121185999

What makes it so special is that it seems that a Engineer need DID NOT DO his job to test this product out. It seems like the Engineer approved this item without testing it. Also it appears that Engineer stole this item maybe. IT SAYS "ENGINEERING SAMPLE", THERE IS A WHITE LABEL IN THE MIDDLE. It is sealed by several staples all over the package. IT IS BRAND NEW. IT SAYS INSTRUCTION SHEET IS INCLUDED BUT THIS WAS A ENGINEERING SAMPLE TO BE TESTED QUICKLY AND NO ORIGINAL INSTRUCTION SHEET WAS INCLUDED. I LOOK ON OTHER WEBSITE AND SHOPPING SITE AND SEARCH ENGINES, RARELY ANY INFORMATION ON THIS GAME. NO WHERE TO BE FOUND ON EBAY OR ANYWHERE ELSE. PLEASE CHECK FOR YOURSELF AND SEE IF YOU CAN FIND THIS ITEM. IT IS MADE BY TECTRON 1993 VERSION. THE PICTURES ARE MY PICTURES.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably just a sample game pulled from the line before it went into full production. Companies do that a lot to give samples to potential buyers and such (I doubt it was stolen, I have a few engineering samples of games myself...). The 'Engineering Sample' sticker is basically a disclaimer saying that the product might go through some minor technical changes before being released. It's also possible that it's a non-working mock-up. The packaging is stapled together because the company will get samples of the card, bubble plastic and game unit separately, and then they will staple or tape them together and display them at places like Toy Fair.

Since the game came out in 1993, it's probably long since out of production, and being a child's toy game, not the type of game any collecting website are likely to care about... That's probably why you can't find anything in a search. I probably have 50 or 60 little LCD games that I can't find any reference to online, but I actually remember seeing some of them in stores years ago. Cool

Where did you get it? Does it actually give a full company name/address on the back?

Rik
rainlynx
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was made by Textron.

I got it treasure hunting:)

Thank you for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: