The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gakken Super Cobra

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoePal
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Gakken Super Cobra Reply with quote

i can't get a perfect score on this game because the points keeps going as long i am flying thru the obstacles, so the score went rollback which is why i took this pic during gameplay and hoped to catch the perfect "9,999" but failed...

the total high score is 12,390. (this game has 4 modes - i picked the 4th by going thru all 5 different obstacles)

it's too hard to last this long because the gas meter was decreasing way too fast - not enough time to wait and seek for gas tanks to appear onscreen...

TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely a fun game. I went through 3 different versions of this game. The Gakken Large White Super Cobra (this one), the Gakken Mid-Size Green Super Cobra, and CGL Cosmic Scramble. I want to note graphics/gameplay differences and compare them all at some point.

In my opinion, this is the easiest of the three. I can go into more detail later, but basically the screen is larger and the missiles and fuel tanks are larger. It makes things easier to shoot down and avoid. Also, there is a little less slow down, when you take out multiple missiles on stage 2. The bonus stage is much easier than the other versions too.

I flipped it once. After that, you really need to keep track and take out fuel supplies. Luckily, you get a life every 1,000 points. This helps because your fuel starts full at the start of the stage. Pushing the game to a 2nd flip will be extremely tough, if not impossible. I got a fantastic run in. Flipped it once with 4 lives on the board. This helped a lot.

My high score is: 10,000 + 5705 = 15,706

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: