The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
User cashmcall on eBay...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: User cashmcall on eBay... Reply with quote

Just thought I'd share this with you guys in case you were thinking of buying something from 'cashmcall' on eBay. He doesn't seem to sell games a lot, but he does have a few games for sale (like Entex Musical Marvin right now). He originally listed his auctions with direct links to images on my website:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330318308583
[Archived: 330318308583 ]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330318300956
[Archived: 330318300956 ]

I didn't notice it the first time around, but I did the second time. So I contacted to eBay's VeRO program to have them remove the auctions. They asked me to ask the seller to take down the pictures first. So I sent him this:

Quote:
Please remove the link to the picture on my website, and don't use my images if you aren't going to state they don't represent the actual item being sold.

He responded with this:
Quote:
I apologise for not stating they dont represent the actual item. It was only meant to show a picture since its new in the box and has never been taken out.

And left the images in the auction, which really ticked me off... So I was about to call eBay to have them remove the auction, and sent him this:

Quote:
I didn't ask for an apology, I asked for the links to the pictures on my website to be removed. I do not allow _ANYONE_ to link to pictures on my site for any reason. Please remove the links or I will have eBay cancel the auctions.

Blunt? Yes. But does anyone think that's particularly rude? (maybe the 'I didn't ask for an apology' part... But he was using the 'apology' as a way to get away with leaving the images in the auction...)

Either way, he immediately responded with this:

Quote:
Fine!!! Since you wont accept an apology, I'll take it back u jerk. I will remove ur precious pictures from my auction ***hole [Censored]. Oh! And by the way it's not a freakin picasso jerk head. Its jkust a picture of a 30 year old game. Keep that in mind. And while ur at it, stick ur threats were the sun dont shine,which you know were that is. Have a great Easter Sunday You Jerk.Pray for a personality and a life while ur at it.

I love that he thinks I was threatening him! Rolling Eyes I was merely stating my next course of action... I mean, really, is having an auction taken down by eBay really such a bad thing in your life that you consider it a 'threat'? And he thinks _I_ don't have a life? He did remove the images... I didn't really know how to respond to that, but I came up with this:

Quote:
Like I said, I didn't want an apology and you to just leave the pictures in your auction. I originally asked you to remove them, you responded by saying you were sorry, but left them there (which _IS_ copyright infringement, apology or not. I'd like to see you try saying your sorry to a judge in court over something and see how far it gets you).

I never made any threats to you, so I have no idea what you are even referring to. I only stated I would ask eBay to remove the auctions. They already said they would, but they asked me ask you to remove them first. Now that I see what kind of person you really are when you don't get your way, I think I'll just leave it up to eBay from now on.

Thanks for removing the links.

And his response:

Quote:
Listen Rick.....
I dont need a lecture on the law from a little worm like you. I'm a lawyer and former police officer, got it!! I would love to see what a judge would think of this ridiculous crap. He would hold you in contempt for being a moron and wasting his,the court, and tax payers time.
And as as far as the type of person I'am, at least I have the common decency and civilty to express myself without making demands or threats which you clearly did, pal. That is why I was upset at your emails. Had it been done with more civility things would have been dealt with much more cordiallity. But you were rude from the beggining of your emails all the way thru. You should take a good look in the mirror Ricky, becuase the only thing I see is a moronic dweeb with very little civility and education, on the other end of this email. And,with a lot time on his hands and no class or cordiality what so ever. I've dealt with your kind many times before. Get a freakin life pal before its too late. Now!! Dont ever email me again. God Bless U

Woohoo! My life wouldn't have been complete with him pretending to be a cop and a lawyer... You know, it's funny, but why is it that the only people I get into arguments with on the internet are cops or lawyers (or have one in their immediate family)? It really seems that _everyone_ on the internet is a cop or lawyer! Damn, no wonder the world is so messed up... And I really hope we haven't reached the stage that lawyers are using terms like 'ur' and 'u' instead of the proper words...

And I love that he thinks I was threatening to take him to court! There's the investigative skills of a lawyer hard at work... I simply asked him how for he thought he would get by apologizing to a judge in court over _something_. Like saying 'Gee, your honor, I'm really sorry I was speeding'. I've tried it, trust me, it doesn't work. Cool

So, I sent him one of these:

Quote:
Based on your attitude have no problem believing you are a lawyer/cop. However, I would think a lawyer would know better than to mis-represent items in a sale. Regardless of your intent, that is what you did. If you really are a lawyer, that should be obvious.

First- I never said anything about taking you to court. Try reading the message again.

Second- I did originally ask you remove the links to my website, AT EBAY'S REQUEST. They wanted me to do that instead of just closing your auctions (which is what their VeRO program usually does). You, instead, apologized for doing it, but left them there. I might have been a little blunt on the second reply, but I never threatened you with anything. I just told you that my only other option was to let eBay close the auctions.

I deal with people doing this all the time, and I do get a little annoyed with it.

And, before telling me to get a life, remember who resorted to the childish name calling first. You do not have 'common decency'

Can't wait for his reply... So, after all of this I definitely will _not_ be bidding on his Musical Marvin (or anything else he puts up forsale)... If he hasn't already blocked me from bidding... But I thought I'd put this up here so you guys can see what kind of person he is before you decide to bid on something of his...

eBay really is getting plagued with these kinds of people lately. I don't sell much there anymore, and I don't buy hardly at all anymore. I haven't searched the game category once this year... I just don't like dealing with the kind of people eBay wants in their 'community'... Some of you know exactly the types I'm talking about...[/img]

Last edited by Rik on Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rinku
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laughed at "Ricky".

I doubt this guy's a lawyer. Despite the prevailing attitude, lawyers aren't that bad. (Now, people who work in the DVD industry, you gotta look out for them... heh.) Also, I liked that you said thank you; that really makes him seem petty.
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was hotlinking to your pics? You should have done a "sweet little Pac Man" number on him after the first exchange!

I'll never forget that one, it was great!
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Dan. It was another thread that didn't show up as 'new' on my computer.

I'm glad I didn't miss it. That was by far the hottest thing I've read on the Forum Shocked . Some of that language might even be a bit too choice for your average 6 year old (see Forum rules "follow 'em or die").

Well done for keeping your cool Rik. That must have been hard.

Neil.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
He was hotlinking to your pics? You should have done a "sweet little Pac Man" number on him after the first exchange!

I'll never forget that one, it was great!

Heh, yeah, I was actually in the process of setting that up when I sent the second reply and he immediately removed the links... Maybe I should do that first and _then_ ask them to remove the pics. Cool

Yeah, I think I'll 'censor' some of the language... Rolling Eyes Perks of being the site owner. hehe...

I also just realized he stated that a judge would 'hold me in contempt for being a moron'. I'm pretty sure there's no legal basis for action being taken against you for having a mental handicap... Again, a lawyer would know that. I know for a fact that he's not a lawyer... Mall cop maybe, but not a lawyer. You have to have a college education to get through law school and pass the bar exam... There's no way someone who writes like he does was able to do either... And if he was able to, I really feel sorry our education system.

Rik
nicknicknickandnick
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow some people are such jerkfaces. They try to make you out as the bad guy when they are in the wrong, and somehow they feel self-righteous in their own failure at decency.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: