The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Polarizing sheet for G&W? fixing screens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billybatson
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Polarizing sheet for G&W? fixing screens Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I m new in this forum and collecting handheld games.
I m from argentina and I m very glad to be part of this comunity.
I have a question on GW screens,
In my country is hard to find a G&W game, and even harder to get one in good condition, I was able to buy some multiscreens but with light image on the screens, one that I can barely see. I read on this forum that I need to get a filter from another multiscreen to fix the one with bad image. I did so and it worked perfect, but considering that doing this will cost to buy another game, I read on the web that I could get a filter or polarizing sheet from any LCD (monitor, calculator, etc) even I found a site that sell polarizing sheets http://www.polarizingsheet.com/lcdpolarizingsheet.php
Can anyone tell me if this is possible? has anyone tried something like that?
Thank you very much

Juan Juan
drichardson
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A polarizing filter is a polarizing filter. The only trick when cutting your own from a larger sheet is to make sure it's oriented properly.

Something fun to try, snag a filter from one of your games and look at your computer screen (er, if it's not a CRT) through it. Slowly rotate the filter and watch as the image darkens, goes black, and clears again. (You'll get the same effect if you use a polarizing filter from a telescope.)

There's no need to sacrifice one (expensive) game for another when a couple bucks will get you enough material to cut out a while bunch of filters Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: