The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
eBay fun
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best seller's remorse I've seen is when I got a game for opening bid of $2.99. It somehow was lost in a fire at the shipping center the seller used. Amazingly the seller had another for sale two weeks later with a $25 opening bid.

Linda
spacemonsterviras
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, some poor sap got suckered into it. I won it for $8, about right given that most of the decals are torn off and there's no battery cover. The winner is in for a nasty surprise, methinks.

I emailed the seller last night when it was only at $10, asking him if the deceit was worth it given that he'd made a whole extra $2. This is his response:

Quote:
Not am I only $2.00 Richer> I had the satisfaction of Pissing you off one more time and still you ended up w/ NOTHING. LOSER- Have a nice day ASSHOLE. USA USA USA.........

Now I know that this isn't indiciative of the level of intelligence of all Americans, but really, it's little wonder that the rest of the world has such a poor opinion of the USA. Such a shame that loud idiots like this end up being self-appointed spokespersons for an entire nation. Australia's no better, I should add, we have our share of conspicuous half-wits. Our Prime Minister for example, but don't get me started.

Evil or Very Mad
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacemonsterviras

Yeah you ran into an idiot. However, I did laugh at the "USA, USA, USA...." Sorry.

I won't even touch the subject of the rest of the world's opinion.
Let's just say I've had to be "Canadian" when I've travelled to some foreign countries. Everyone loves the Canadians.
spacemonsterviras
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda wrote:
However, I did laugh at the "USA, USA, USA...." Sorry..

I'm sorry you felt the need to apologise. It's just one idiot out of the several hundred honest people I've been fortunate enough to deal with. In fact in many cases they've gone above and beyond, enclosing bonus items and paying additional postage (thanks Rik!). Laughing

Linda wrote:
Let's just say I've had to be "Canadian" when I've travelled to some foreign countries.

Same here, only I claim New Zealand citizenship. Everybody loves Peter Jackson. Wink It's half true anyway, my mother is a Kiwi and moved back to Christchurch a few years ago. I don't have a broad accent and many people think I'm English when first they meet me, so I've started claiming that too. Smile

I have to admit that I've been baiting this guy. It's puerile I know but I'm secretly enjoying it.

James.

Last edited by spacemonsterviras on Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, be gentle with him... He's obviously in bad shape if he has to brag about being '$2 richer'... Mr. Green Mr. Green
spacemonsterviras
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest response:
Quote:
ok I'm sorry> you win>

Well that's just no fun at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: