The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Trying to ID an old colour game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hateshinai
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Trying to ID an old colour game Reply with quote

Hi everybody, I'm new here and I'm looking for some help
I recently got a friend of mine hooked on retro handhelds. He is currently getting separated from his wife and decided that the best way to cope is by collecting Gameboys, Nintendo Game & Watch games and similar old games. This got me thinking about the games I had as a kid and there is one game whose name I can't remember. I would love to find out more about it (and some pics) since it was quite unusual at the time. Maybe someone can help to identify it. This is what I remember:
1. It was one of the old handheld LCD ones, similar to Game & Watch but definitely not a Nintendo one.
2. I had it about 25 years ago.
3. You controlled a guy who was defending a castle from (I think) dragons. In some places he would shoot arrows, in others he would use his sword.
4. Occasionally a princess would appear in the tower (or possibly dungeon, not too sure now) and would give you bonus points.
5. The unique thing was that it was actually in colour. It had a really messy LCD screen which made no sense on direct viewing but to play the game you would look through a polarised (I guess) second screen/filter which was at a 45 degrees angle to the LCD. You could close this filter thing flush with the game when not in use.
6. The game itself was white or a very light beige colour.
Any ideas?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't sure until you mentioned the pop-up screen... Cool

That has to be Sunwing's Castle's Adventure:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Sunwing/CastlesAdventure.htm

I just sold one a month or so ago too... Not incredibly rare though, someone here might have one forsale...

Naughty Squirrel also used this same design:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Sunwing/NaughtySquirrel.htm
But obviously a very different game. Mr. Green
Hateshinai
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it! Thank you so much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: