The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Loose/damaged/cracked but working Palmtex Super Micro
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
physics223
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded the video to YouTube. Of course, I didn't fail to credit you, but if you want it deleted I'll delete it faster than a speeding bullet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYJrodPdlr0

You should use it for your Palmtex Super Micro page, though. Smile
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which file did you upload? I may try it again, I'm curious why it's not working... Maybe my virus scanner is screwing it up or something (wouldn't be the first time...)

Rik
physics223
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded the .mp4 file.

It doesn't work? It works here for my part, even for different computers.

Anyway, can't wait to see you finish the game ... if that's possible! Smile
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never tried with the MP4, I just couldn't get it to upload to YouTube... But, I couldn't get it to upload to MegaUpload either until I turned off the internet scanning features of my anti-virus program. I don't think I tried that with YouTube, the might be the problem...

But it's there, that's good enough. Cool I like the little bubbles that pop up explaining what things are... never tried doing that on a YouTube vid.

Rik
physics223
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably really has something to do with your AV. It's actually my first uploaded video - I mean, it's easier to refer to it online whenever someone asks.

Regarding the ending of the game, what does it show? I mean, what happens when you finally do everything? I'm curious since the video you uploaded got you far only to be brought to the beginning by a terrorist. Granting that nothing changes in the easier levels, the replayability of the game seems low, doesn't it?

I'm hoping that if you have time you can upload your completion of the game. I admire your skill, haha! Smile

Again, thanks for exposing me to this game. <3
physics223
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no one interested? Razz
the-topdog
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
I'm just curious how many people have heard of it outside of the Museum

How many people here even have this system?

There was a guy selling a couple of them about 5 years ago over at http://www.tomshardware.com/fo.....-game-sale and his main site http://www.miniarcade.com/gamestock.htm for almost $1000

I looked into them at that time since cartridge based systems are my favorites among handhelds... but at the time, besides him, I could only find one other person selling one with an Alladin cartridge on eBay and he wanted like $600 for it.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the only boxed (well, nicely boxed) one I've ever seen forsale. He was trying to sell it for quite a while too, I believe (although his site now says it's sold).

There was absolutely no record of a price sold for this thing (that I'm aware of), and prior to my finding it and listing it on my site, no one had seemed to have heard of it.

But, that doesn't mean it's valuable. I think someone got one, and then just started listing it for $600 or more saying it's rare. Someone else saw that and thought 'I have one of those!' and also listed it for $600-1000. Now everyone thinks it's worth that... But (for a while at least), none had ever actually SOLD for those prices.

If you list it on eBay for 99 cents, and it sells for $1000, _then_ it's worth that. If you list for $1000 for 6 months and it never sells, it's clearly _not_ worth that... Even if you do manage to eventually sell it, that's more a fluke than a true gauge of it's value. There's always someone willing to pay far more than what something is 'worth' so they can own it. The only one I've ever seen sold at a normal auction like that sold for less than $100.

Now, as more people are aware of it's existence, I suppose the value could go up unless a bunch are found and dumped on the market... I just think it's weird that people instantly assume it's worth $1000 when there's no history of them selling for more than $100...

Another thing to remember, when gauging the price for a rare item that you find sold via auction, the true value is the bid placed by the _second_ highest bidder below the winner. If the winner gets it for $1000, bidder #2 lost out at $975 (or whatever), bidder #3 only bid $500. If another comes up forsale (at auction), it shouldn't sell for more than $500 (in theory). What two crazy bidders are willing to pay against each other is not usually what something is really worth... Rolling Eyes Sure, you might get bidder #2 to pay $975 outright, but (again, in theory), you should never get above $500 for it again... (And there are several games I've seen 'rediscovered' since I've been collecting that prove this- Gakken Dig Dug, Moon Patrol, Entex 3-D Grand Prix to name a few... The first one I had seen sold of each of these games went for more than $500, sometimes a lot more. Now Dig Dug is probably worth $200-250 MIB, Grand Prix probably around $75 (someone sold about 15 of them in a year), Moon Patrol is probably still expensive, but less than 1/2 what the first one I saw sell for...)

Rik
the-topdog
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every so often the cartridges appear on eBay like this one...

...but I never bid on them because I don't want cartridges without the system.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, missed that one. What did it sell for? (In all fairness to the value of the game, I haven't actively searched eBay for it in a few years...)

And, that is a complete system... The top part is the cartridge with the light attached to it, the bottom piece is the system itself, it's just closed. It closes like a clam-shell, and the cartridge plugs into the top. (The two black lines are the metal contacts for the cartridge.) The system is boxed with either React Attack, or Aladdin's Adventures (this like the Aladdin's Adventures version). And you can get all of the cartridges separately as well.

But if you ever see just cartridges forsale, let me know. I wouldn't mind getting the others...

Rik
the-topdog
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
Ooo, missed that one. What did it sell for? (In all fairness to the value of the game, I haven't actively searched eBay for it in a few years...)

And, that is a complete system... The top part is the cartridge with the light attached to it, the bottom piece is the system itself, it's just closed. It closes like a clam-shell, and the cartridge plugs into the top. (The two black lines are the metal contacts for the cartridge.) The system is boxed with either React Attack, or Aladdin's Adventures (this like the Aladdin's Adventures version). And you can get all of the cartridges separately as well.

But if you ever see just cartridges for sale, let me know. I wouldn't mind getting the others...

Rik

Ahh crap... The wording in the auction made me think it was just the Alladin Adventures cartridge for the Super-Micro! Dang, I would have bid on it if I knew it was a complete system!

Don't quote me on this, but if I remember right, it sold for around $130-ish

Though it is an interesting cartridge based handheld, I wouldn't bid more than about $200 for it myself, even though it is pretty rare... In my opinion, that is all it would be worth. But a complete system with all cartridges I'd go more like $300.

The $600 and $1000 asking prices are pretty pie-in-the-sky, but I guess there are those out there who would pay it.
physics223
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's only pretty rare. I've looked for it for nearly two years. I think it's just a little less rare than games like Moon Patrol. I'll hopefully get mine within the next month.
physics223
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my Super Micro. The one in the picture was actually lost to a theft, sadly. Now if I can only figure out what makes it work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: