The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Looking for simple bird shooting game from mid 80s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prizm
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Looking for simple bird shooting game from mid 80s Reply with quote

Hi guys,

My first LCD game was around 1986/87, and I think it might have been called "Hunting". The case itself looked very similar to this, except with less buttons:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Commodoor/Crocodile.htm

You were a hunter and you had about five positions from left to right at the bottom of the screen, and had to shoot birds as they flew from left to right at the top of the screen. The birds would gradually get faster and faster until you missed too many of them and game over. It wasn't very in-depth.

I don't recall any large brand name (or any brand name) on the case. I'm fairly sure it had the word quartz on it somewhere. I think the colour scheme was very similar to the above game, being silver with a blue trim, but it may have been a solid light blue colour.
The name of the game was written at the top in the middle. If it wasn't called "Hunting", it was some other one-word adjective.

It was bought in Australia, but thinking back it definitely has that china/japan feel to it with basic english and no brand names.

thanks for any help!

Prizm
nicknicknickandnick
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this picture:

The game says "Mini Arcade LCD Game" on it, a sort of generic brand apparently. The US retailer Radio Shack put their brand on some of these games as you can see.
Prizm
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! That's definitely the one! Radio Shack rings a bell, and my version was definitely blue, so it must've been a blue Radio Shack re-badged one. Everything else is exactly the same as the one I had.

Now I gotta find one on ebay! haha

thanks a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: