The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Galaxy 2001 series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Galaxy 2001 series Reply with quote

The lower unknown Space Invaders http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Unknown/SpaceInvaders.htm
seems to be in the same range as
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Misc/GalaxyElecGalaxyGame2001.htm
and are therefore probably made by Galaxy Electronics Corp too. The game case seems very similar.
Should it be moved to the Misc. section?

Neil.
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coleco Donkey Kong Jr ltabletop ooks a like the Nintendo tabletops, but it's not made by Nintendo.

Linda
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it technically is made by Nintendo (Coleco licensed it from them)... But of course we still consider there to be a 'Nintendo' version and a 'Coleco' version.

As for the Galaxy games, they are a little different (the unknown game only has one set of buttons, and the Galaxy one has two, like a two player game...) But it is too similar to be a coincidence... I'm not sure if I've ever opened the Space Invaders game, maybe I should that and look for more markings on the inside. I have the SI game, and there's no manufacturer listed on it anywhere, so it probably licensed off to some generic toy company...
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, I'm looking at the pics now (I was going to ad a note on the page), and it clearly says '2001 Galaxy Series' right on the front of the box... So, I'm going to take a chance and move that version of the game to Misc under Galaxy Elec. (I also have an ad for Galaxy Electronics I'm going to place on both pages...)

Rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: