The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cosmic Clash not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobie-wan
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Cosmic Clash not working Reply with quote

Hello HHM people. I did a search first, but the only other CC repair thread was one from 2007 about wiring. Hopefully I haven't missed something posted previously and someone will have some insight. Smile

I have a Cosmic Clash that I'm trying to fix for a friend. Hopefully someone with a working one that's already been sliced open might have some ideas. When powered on, the game runs and the film with the ships rotates properly. If you push the fire button, the 'firing drum' rotates as far as the button will push it. But it never seems to 'fire'. If I turn the drum by hand, the record plays noises that seem to be appropriate.

I briefly opened up the gearbox and looked for any broken teeth or if I could see any gears that were simply spinning on their axles, but didn't notice anything that looked wrong. To me it looks like the worm gear I've pointed to here should catch the teeth on the drum to spin it, but that never happens. Anyone have any ideas?

jcom4179
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: I'm having the same problem Reply with quote

Mine fires but after hitting the target it will not reset and instead of the ships scrolling it just sticks in the non moving position until I pull back on the bottom back right hand spring clip. I took it apart cleaned and siliconed all the gears. There is one part that is in the front that fits somewhere under the black cylinder that shoots the laser. It's connected to a spring in the front and is about 1.5 to 2 inches long and it's purple. Do you or anyone know where that fits back in. Like I said the only thing I know is that it goes somewhere under the cylinder. If anyone can give me any information I will appreciate it, as there are no schematics or anything about fixing it anywhere bon the internet.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: