The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cracked LCD conector ribbon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarbleMad
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Cracked LCD conector ribbon? Reply with quote

Has anyone found a reliable way of replacing cracked lcd screen connector ribbons? Any tips to share?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to know too... I have a couple of those Tiger flip-style games that the ribbons have cracked on... I tried to buy new ones, but you can't seem to find that stuff anywhere. Ever since then though, I've salvaged every ribbon looking wire I see when I take apart electronics. Haven't found a match yet, but maybe one or two will work as alternatives. The hard part is finding really thin ribbon. Most of what I find is like tiny wires inside tape, not flat conductive strips like it needs to be...

I haven't gone back to the broken game and tried though, I might have to look into it again and see if anything I have would work.
drichardson
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have unimaginable amounts of money, you could etch your own replacement out of pyralux (when you can find it on ebay, or con DuPont into sending you out a sample.)

A less expensive alternative would be etching a replacement out of some cheap copper tape stuck to transparency film. The only trouble is that the copper tape is often much thicker than "the real stuff" and takes much longer to etch (and tons of ferric chloride).
davidhorizon
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this page about repairing a double screen nintendo:

http://www.obsolete-tears.com/.....r-116.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: