The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New stickers for handheld games
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldie
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: New stickers for handheld games Reply with quote

OK...I remember some time back a guy offering new stickers on ebay for handheld games...they were on a CD and could be printed out onto sticky paper to replace the on coleco games for the most part..they were supposed to be perfect replicas..Does anyone know if we can still get this???? Confused I would be a great way to fix them up.....
Mr. Mod
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clue.

Hope that helps.

*Ahem* Anyway, if Rik is reading this thread, I'm interested to know where you got those marquee sticker designs that are on the Coleco page. Maybe that's even the answer to the original question.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh... 5 megapixal camera, and several hours in Photoshop. Cool It's hard to get good images of any of them becuase they won't really fit on a scanner unless you remove the sticker completely. I could probably do that for Pac Man since I have 4 or 5 of them lying around, but the rest of the games would be a tough sacrifice...

I remember the guy selling the CDs of images (he even included images for the Donkey Kong Jr. Prototype that he created based on the one). I think I have an Email from him somewhere, I'll see if I can track him down and get the CD...
Goldie
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do. Let me know if you have any luck with that . Chances are he still has them. Thanks!
JoePal
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmmmm... Wink
Morithule

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of those CDs. I was disappointed that it didn't include the sticker that went over the joystick so I never printed them. I really wanted to redo my old beat up Galaxian. They are extremely fine quality scans. I'd be happy to copy or upload it for you. Its 362MB total so you will need to find a nice big home for me to upload them to. Of course it will kill the value of the game if you redo the stickers but I don't plan on ever selling mine so I didn't figure it mattered to much. PM me and let me know.
Petrolpol
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in these stickers Smile
Goldie
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure! Love to get my hands on it. Very Happy Rik, would you be interested or able to take that on your site for users? I am thinking it's too large ,though. If so, maybe we can find somewhere to store it.. Worst come to worse, do it the old fashoined way and pay for a CD copy Laughing Anybody have a suggestion?
NE146
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about you just upload it to usenet.

alt.binaries.emulators.misc is usually the "standard" place where oddball things like that get posted.. i.e. magazine scans, manuals, diagrams, videos, & whatnot.
Goldie
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I was thinking that a third party site was the best. Mori, would something like that work for you?
thundergod76

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I purchased this cd also. The graphics are awesome and they are already sized properly. So all I had to do was print them out and laminate them. But I must tell you that some of these stickers are not EXACT repros of the original coleco ones. In some cases the full sized marquee of the big arcade version was used and they don't have the same markings as the coleco ones. And some of the side decals have smaller graphics than the coleco ones. They are extremely close but if you compare them with a real coleco tabletop you will find differences. I restored all my tabletops and they came out awesome. I don't ever plan to sell them so I don't care about defacing the original decals. Definitely one of the better purchases I've made on eBay!
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I'll be getting a copy of this CD soon, and I'll make it available somewhere (probably Usenet and on the Web via RapidShare or something...)

It's interesting that they aren't exact... I'll have to take a look at them and see if I can make them more like the originals...

Rik
Goldie
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik, you rock..... Yessss!

keep us imformed...Thanks!
Morithule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I burned off a copy of the disk today and I'll mail it out to Rik later this week. Look for more details from Rik to come. :O) Sorry I didn't get it out sooner. I had to dig up a blank hehe.
JoePal
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do have the CD also.. it's version 3. i just found the CD mixed with others - will post the details later.

Morithule - who did you get the CD from and/or which version did you get?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: