The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tiger Electronics Capcom Street Fighter ll Game Watch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Missing games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gameinhand
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Tiger Electronics Capcom Street Fighter ll Game Watch Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just posted this in the brag section, not sure if it belongs there. But I think it definitely belongs in this category.

Recently acquired a Tiger Electronics Capcom Street Fighter ll Game Watch from 1993. Never knew this existed and have no idea of its rarity. That's what I am trying to find out. If anyone can share any information on this game watch, I would appreciate it. I have scoured the net and could not find a single reference to it. Thanks for your help. Rich

Please click on the links, couldn't figure out how to put the actual pictures in here.

http://www.gameinhand.net/StreetFighter2/StreetFighter2GameWatch1.jpg
http://www.gameinhand.net/StreetFighter2/StreetFighter2GameWatch2.jpg
http://www.gameinhand.net/StreetFighter2/StreetFighter2GameWatch3.jpg
http://www.gameinhand.net/StreetFighter2/StreetFighter2GameWatch4.jpg
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am a self-proclaimed expert in the Tiger LCD variety as i grew up on them and have always been the largest part of my original & current handheld collections. that said, Tiger (or Grandstand in some countries) pumped out ridiculous amounts of just about all their different "series".

Tiger's first wristwatch series, however, had a shorter run. titles included Batman, Double Dragon, Robocop, Altered Beast, and Simon's Quest.

Street Fighter II is part of Tiger's second wristwatch series, which had an ever shorter run and was bigger/bulkier with a character from the game hanging off of one side. Other titles include Sonic The Hedgehog, Dick Tracy, and Mickey Mouse.

there's probably nothing online to back up this information, this is all from memory.

to answer your question, your game wristwatch is one of the rarer Tiger releases and probably worth well over $100, especially to a Street Fighter II and/or Tiger fanatic.
Gameinhand
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Tiger Electronics Capcom Street Fighter ll Game Watch Reply with quote

Thanks a lot bp, really appreciate the history.

I had a feeling that it was rare or fairly rare after not finding a single reference to it on the internet. I am a little surprised too that it didn't sell better since it is a pretty cool looking watch for its time and its play value is not bad. Well, I guess for the most part handheld games were preferred over wristwatches with certain exceptions like Nelsonic Pacman and its variations, which is always in demand.

Thanks again,
Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Missing games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: