The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A motocross game. Which Game is it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solak62
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: A motocross game. Which Game is it? Reply with quote

Hi,

I had a hand held game. I bought it with my brother about 80’s(1986-87). Unfortunately, I lent it to my friend and when I took it back, it was broken. I always tried to repair it on the other hand I couldn’t. And one day I totally lost it. I always felt heard pain when I remember it sometimes a lot sometimes a little.

It was a Motocross game and it can be only played dark places. I think it was a LED type game. I have drawen a picture of it as far as I can remember.

I would be very pleased if you can help me about which game it was.

Thank you in advance,
Ali Tolga
kisember
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty nice pic. Very Happy
It should be a BMX Flyer from Grandstand or a Wheelie Crosser from Tomy.

Solak62
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes:D Thank you very much indeed. It was wheelie crosser...
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, the two games are the same, just different names. BMX Flyer is easier to find (especially in the UK), so if you just want the game, either will work. I think Wheelie Crosser was released in Germany (and in Japan for sure). Where are you located? (Or, where were you located when you got the game?)

They also made a smaller LCD one:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Grandstand/BMXB.htm
Similar game play, but I'm not sure if it's exactly the same...
Solak62
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from Turkey. I find one (wheelie crosser) here, maybe not good one for a collecter but it seem it is good enough for a player. I will add a photo when I get it...
Itchy fingaz
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: re: addtional info Reply with quote

Just found this at the bottom of the drawer, with a missing cover and the heads looks quite rusty Crying or Very sad Dont spose anyone got a spare cover or where to get one?

If no one played this before some chap has made a spot on version with sounds and all http://george-gardiner.org/default.aspx?a=bmxflyer
pergessle
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: re: addtional info Reply with quote

Itchy fingaz wrote:

If no one played this before some chap has made a spot on version with sounds and all http://george-gardiner.org/default.aspx?a=bmxflyer

Smile
Pretty darn good. Not perfect but good enough. It's even got the timing the wheelie and stopping the long ditch and making it just a gap kinda cheat like the handheld. I got it new for Christmas in 1987. One of the best 1980's handheld game ever made in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: