The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
which tabletops can use power supply?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucifershalo
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: which tabletops can use power supply? Reply with quote

which tabletop manufacters decide to put a power supply input on their machines?
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier to answer which dont: Coleco and Nintendo.
lucifershalo
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the other ones have input to plug power supply??
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coleco did it via a silly adapter that using fake C-size batteries... Most of them even have a hole on the battery cover for the wire.

The Nintendo tabletops, being LCD, will probably run for 10 years on a set of batteries. Cool

I'm pretty sure that almost all others do have an AC adapter port. It seems that almost every VFD game has a port. I'd have to look at it again, but even the tiny Bandai Machine Man might have a place to plug in power...
Haku
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fake C batteries? This is something I've been wanting for a long time, 'dummy' AA,C,D cells with wires coming out so I can power devices with an external battery pack / PSU, does anyone know where I can get some? I have AA to C converters but they don't fit in some of my tabletop games.

The Nintendo G&W tabletops might run for 10 years on a couple of cells but the cells might not last that long, this is what I once pulled out of an old RC tank I bought at a car boot sale, some of the battery contacts had completely disintegrated:
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haku wrote:
Fake C batteries? This is something I've been wanting for a long time, 'dummy' AA,C,D cells with wires coming out so I can power devices with an external battery pack / PSU, does anyone know where I can get some?

Yeah, the Coleco Perma Power adapter:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Coleco/Perma.htm

Looks like they sell for $40-60 on eBay... Kind of surprised about that, but I guess they are hard to find... You might try to watching the Coleco Pac-Man auctions for one that includes the Perma adapter, but doesn't really advertise it... Might actually get it cheaper that way.

Haku wrote:
The Nintendo G&W tabletops might run for 10 years on a couple of cells but the cells might not last that long, this is what I once pulled out of an old RC tank I bought at a car boot sale, some of the battery contacts had completely disintegrated:

Eww... Yeah, I'd never recommend leaving batteries in something for that long (hell, when I'm done for the day I take them out. When they decide it's time to leak, they can leak fast.)

I had a DK Jr. on my desk at work for about 4 years though, running on the same batteries the whole time. You can't turn the game off, it's always in 'clock mode' when you aren't playing it... So it can definitely last a while. Cool
kisember
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off:
If you get one game of this serial you have a good chance to have it running with the original Casio batteries since ~1984. I've not seen any with leaky batteries, although it doesn't mean if it never happened. There is no usual battery cover on these models just a back cover fixed with 3 scews.

Casio: Mad Fighter

Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, just realized that both your site and mine state that this game takes watch batteries... But it appears it runs on 2 AA batteries? I might have that wrong for the entire series... I don't think I actually have any of these.

Rik
kisember
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
Hmm, just realized that both your site and mine state that this game takes watch batteries... But it appears it runs on 2 AA batteries? I might have that wrong for the entire series... I don't think I actually have any of these.

Rik

Yes, all of them runs on AA batteries. I have all except one. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: