The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
WTB - One of the Coleco Table-top games - (Got one!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StephenJ
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: WTB - One of the Coleco Table-top games - (Got one!) Reply with quote

As the title says...
I'd like to get one of the Coleco Table-top games.
I would prefer Pacman, but would consider others.
Since I'm not a collector, and my intent is to put it on display in my basement (and play it on occasion), I'm not concerned with the condition of the box, packing or instructions.
However, I would like the game itself to be in mint condition.
Please PM me if you have what I'm looking for.

Many thanks,
StephenJ

Last edited by StephenJ on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coleco had the nasty habit to use very low quality sticker material for their cabinet art. If you just want an awesome looking toy that is fun and cheap to get in good shape, I would go after any of the following:
- Tandy/Epoch Firefox 7/Astro Thunder 7
- Gakken Puck Monster
- Entex Stargate
- Entex Pac-Man 2
- Entex Super Cobra
- Tomy Tron
- Tandy Zackman
- Any Bambino (for looks)
- Coleco Alien Attack

And if you don't mind to shop in Europe:
CGL and Lansay had awesome ones: Crazy Kong, Frogger, Amidar

From the Coleco's the Ms. Pac-Man is the best looking, and best playing, but it is also the hardest to find.
StephenJ
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blanka,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Your suggestions are appreciated.
I do have a reason for wanting a Coleco tabletop. I'm slowly putting together a modest collection of the techy toys I wanted very much, 30+ years ago, but could simply not afford (I'm 53). So far I have Mattel's Dungeons & Dragons Labryrinth, Wildfire Pinball, Entex Baseball and an Atari 2600. I enoy having them on display (mostly for my eyes) and even playing them now and then. The Coleco tabletops were certainly on my wish list back then. I'd like to get just one.

Anyway, I'm going to keep looking...maybe I'll get lucky and find one in good shape.

Thanks again...and all the best,
StephenJ
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with the sticker glue bleed, the Coleco's still exceptionally cool on display. I had a set of all them on a shelf at work for years, and everyone that saw them got all giddy about them. Cool My boss always loved it when a client came in and saw them and would exclaim 'I had Frogger when I was a kid, that is so cool! Can I play it?' then a few minutes of gaming would ensue... Mr. Green

The cool thing- the client always remember us... 'The company with the little arcade games!' Better than a business card.

If you work with Japanese clients a lot, buy a pachinko machine and just display it somewhere... They will never forget you. Smile

Rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: