The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Game On 2.0 Exhibit / Chicago Museum of Science and Industry

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phitter
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Game On 2.0 Exhibit / Chicago Museum of Science and Industry Reply with quote

Here are some photos from the Game On 2.0 exhibit at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry

I went last week and it was pretty cool (Although I have been told the set-up at the CGE is more extensive) It cost an extra $5 to see this exhibit but it was worth it.
My advice, however, is to avoid bringing your cranky, nap-deprived two year-old!

They had a number of original arcade games including the original Computer Space, Pong and Maneater:

A nice array of classic arcade games set to free play:

And there was a small handheld electronic games display:

Here's my younger son enjoying a game of Tomy's Caveman:

Here is a newer Epoch game shaped like a cocktail arcade game:

The exhibit also included a number of console games that you could play ranging from the original Odyssey to PS2 and Xbox.
Overall, I would recommend it for any classic gaming fan.
(And the rest of the museum is pretty cool to boot.)

The museum website has some further info:
http://www.msichicago.org/gameon/index.html

-phitter

Last edited by phitter on Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool, I might have to go someday, is that a permanent exhibit? I had never seen that Maneater game...

I have those little Epoch's games on the site:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Epoch/index.html

Look at the 'Game Center' series. I think the one pictured is from the 'Space Invaders' series, I don't have that one yet... Mr. Green

Damn, I kinda wish they had contacted me for games! Smile I always love getting a little fame from my website.
phitter
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it looks like the exhibit is scheduled to run only through April 30th. They had a similar exhibit last summer so I wonder if it will be open on a periodic basis?? I am not sure if it packs up for another museum or what.

The Museum's web site about the Game On 2.0 exhibit contains a "Resources" page that lists a number of links to classic gaming sites.

Maybe the organizer would be willing to add your page or display some of your games.

Good luck and if you do come to Chicago, I owe you a few beers for your hard work in maintaining the site and forum!

-phitter
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: