The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
E-M handhelds/toys Marx T.V. Tennis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slydc
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: E-M handhelds/toys Marx T.V. Tennis Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Some years ago, i had x2 E-M handhelds (or toys) which i gave to a friend
for his mini-museum in his video game store. These were the Horizon Screen Tennis and the Marx T.V. Tennis.

Well, i've been learning to code in LUA these past months either for the
PSP LUA Player or the LUA LOVE engine and been coding a game in LOVE this past week-end in my spare time.

Here's a screenshot of the Marx T.V. Tennis simulator:

And here's the RAR file which contain the LOVE executable, drivers, the .BAT and the game package if anyone wants to try it:

http://www.ccjvq.com/slydc/love/marx1974.rar

First, unRAR it (anywhere on your hard drive) and just double-click on the "marx.bat" to boot the game. The paddle on the left side is the CPU and the paddle on the right side is you. Use UP & DOWN on your keyboard and try to beat (which for now is impossible) the CPU.

This simulator is still a beta version and i need to do a beatable CPU (meaning AI a bit stupid), also either player reaches 11 points, the game displays "Winner" and goes back to the menu, etc...

But since i don't have the Marx T.V. Tennis anymore, i tried to program the game by memory.

I'm open to any comment(s), suggestion(s), etc...about the simulator to
make it as real as can be. I anyone here has one, i would greatly appreciate a video with good quality sound. Wink

Enjoy and have fun! Very Happy

P.S...almost forgot, the love.exe if for Windows users. If you want to try it
on a Mac or Linux, go to the LOVE web site (http://love2d.org) and download the executable needed.

--- Sly DC ---
slydc
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone of you wants the real thing, there is one auctioned on the
"wicked" you-know-bay for $19.99.

Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-L.....519e565952

If the link doesn't work, the item # is: 350548810066

* Bing! * Wink

--- Sly DC ---
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: