The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Good time for handhelds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameWatchGuy
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Good time for handhelds Reply with quote

Hi.
Seems a ton of good handheld games online lately. I haven't seen many rare wrist games lately though.
~John
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh i thought it was just me. there are a lot of ridiculously cheap auctions right now. i've bought ten handhelds in the past month alone, which is more than i've purchased in the past year!

i recently acquired:
epoch elevator action - complete (a bit pricey)
konami nfl football
tiger joust keychain - sealed
tiger project alien - sealed
tiger resident evil 2 99x series - sealed (most expense unit i've bought in a good while)
tiger soccer w/ original manual
tiger virtual fishing - sealed
tiger wcw/nwo 99x series - sealed
tiger wcw/nwo pen game - sealed
tiger xmen w/ original manual
bretthorror
Microvision

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bomberpunk wrote:

So YOU'RE the one that won that one away from me. Wink I usually just buy any wrestling handhelds I find, but that one looked cool. I didn't really want it sealed because I just play 'em, but I hadn't seen it before. 'Course I've only been buying handhelds for a couple months.
GameWatchGuy
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI.
One who really knows a lot about Handhelds could really make a good business buying cheap and selling high.
I do this with game and digital watches but there's just not enough that comes around to make any real money at it.
~John
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bretthorror wrote:
bomberpunk wrote:

So YOU'RE the one that won that one away from me. Wink I usually just buy any wrestling handhelds I find, but that one looked cool. I didn't really want it sealed because I just play 'em, but I hadn't seen it before. 'Course I've only been buying handhelds for a couple months.

i hate wrestling, but i'm a huge fan of tiger and a huge fan of their 99x series. i'm going to go on a rampage soon opening anything i have that is sealed (unless it's a 2nd copy) because with 200+ titles and the money i've spent, i really want to do more than just look at it. i'm a gamer.

GameWatchGuy wrote:

HI.
One who really knows a lot about Handhelds could really make a good business buying cheap and selling high.
I do this with game and digital watches but there's just not enough that comes around to make any real money at it.
~John

as a long-time player and buyer, i know enough about handhelds to know there's no market for them in comparison to the rest of the gaming world. you see high-priced items all the time. these sellers are simply trying to set the bar. the keyword is "trying". the problem? more often than not, the supply overshadows demand in the tabletop/handheld market.

the trick to not wasting your money is patience. collecting is like fishing. you're the fish, but you're also the fisherman. you just have to be patient, sort through the BS "deals", and bite when you actually find a great deal. don't be fooled by a 500% markup with a 20% limited-time reduced price. that's just there to get you to impulse-buy. there are certain sellers i avoid because they practice this with even the most common titles.

sometimes it's good to bite, and sometimes you just need to remember to throw yourself back into the water and swim around some more.
MatchGame90
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish i could get all the tiger handheld games, and i have a yahoogroup on it, and if i could, i would buy them on ebay, but i rather use it just for browsing, but amazon is better
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: