The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Obligatory New Guy With 1000 Handheld Questions Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bretthorror
Microvision

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: The Obligatory New Guy With 1000 Handheld Questions Thread Reply with quote

First off, I'd like to introduce myself; my name is Brett and I'm 27 and from Saskatchewan, Canada. I've been collecting video games in general for years, although I am not the compulsive collector that spends huge dollars for games. I'm more of a mid-range collector who enjoys buying games I have actual interest in and will only splurge if the game is something I really dig. My handheld collection (outside of regular, more modern consoles) is slim; I have a Donkey Kong Junior Tabletop in rough shape I got when I was 7, a Mighty Kong LCD game (I've never met anyone who has heard of it, but it's fun), Sonic Sea Battle, Ninja Turtles 1 and 3 Konami LCDs and a generic racing game I picked up a few years back. Back when I was a kid, the glory days of color LCD was gone and the Tiger-types were all that was available, so they got lost in the Game Boy/NES/Genesis/etc shuffle easily. Needless to say, I know nothing. All I know is that DKJ tabletop stuck with me as one of the coolest things ever for years and after finding console collecting becoming monotonous, I figured these cool tabletops will at least look good on a shelf and I'd be more inclined to actually play them, which compelled me to shift gears.

I've been gauging most of the games I'm eying on Ebay prices and truthfully, I'm just into finding units in decent shape with all right labels. I'm more of a playing collector than anything, complete in box doesn't matter much to me. With that said, I was hoping you guys could help me out by recommending some entry level tabletop units that are a lot of fun and if there is anywhere other than Ebay to find them for sale online, please direct me to that as well. I also was wondering if anyone knows of a wrestling tabletop game in existence?

I set my mind to getting into this on Monday, and since then I've bought a Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch, a WCW Wrestling LCD game and an AC/DC tabletop pinball unit. So when I look back on this post in five years, I guess those will be the ones that started it all.

At any rate, I have to be up in the morning for work and my heart's full of excitement for this new hobby I'm going to be jumping into, so I'll leave it at that for now. I'll be running into you all very often, so you might as well say hello!
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you are lucky: the best and most fun games sold the best and are cheapest to get!
Go after these cheap ones (in the 20ies)
Gakken - Puck Monster
Coleco - Alien Attack
Lansay - Crazy Kong (I have a bunch if you need one, they are in every French LOT sale).
Epoch - Astro Thunder 7
Entex - Pac Man 2
Gakken/CGL/Lansay/Tandy - Any of the Invader series (1000,2000,3000)

A little more expensive (around 40-50 bucks), but still easy to get and a lot of fun
Gakken/Coleco - Frogger
Entex - Defender
Entex - Galaxian 2
Coleco - Ms Pac Man
Parker Brs - Q*Bert
Gakken - Amidar
Gakken - Alien/Heiankyo/Earth Invaders
Bandai - Gun Professional/Gunfighter
Bandai/Tandy - Zackman
Tomy - Kingman
Tomy - Tron
Bambino - UFO Master Blaster / Race'N'Chase

Good Luck
bretthorror
Microvision

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I've only managed to pick up a handful so far and they're all still in the mail. Waiting impatiently. Cool

How much would your Crazy Kong be shipped to Canada?
slydc
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brett!

Welcome to this forum and i salute a fellow Canuck! (I'm from Quebec
province). This forum is great and people here are friendly. Very Happy

--- Sly DC ---
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: