The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bandai FL Changeman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Bandai FL Changeman Reply with quote

This is a cool little gem with a lot of replayability. The puzzles change with new levels. As the level goes on, the enemies increase, making it crucial to complete the puzzle quickly.

After you complete 2 levels, you get a sweet animation cut scene. (Frisky Tom does this as well)

My high score right now is: 1220

Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the puzzles random every time you play, or the same?
(Like is Level 1 exactly the same each time you start the game?)
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the levels, the basic map structure, walls and barriers are set (there will be 2 of these). However, the puzzle will be solved in a different way each time. It's probably more complex to explain than to just figure out by playing, but I can give an overview.

The order that you change areas to red depends on what row or column you enter through... And how many reds and the location of where they are in that row or column.

To even change an area to red, you first need to eat a red pac ball. (You need to be careful that the weaker enemy doesn't touch you, or it'll be taken away. Not a death. Even if you don't have the red ball, the weaker enemy can't kill you)[There is a stronger enemy that can kill you at any point, the playing area starts with 1 or 2 and will continue to go up 1 over time]{There is also a Red Joker type enemy that if caught, distributes red pac balls all over and stops enemy movement to give you time to solve the puzzle freely, 5-10 seconds, he comes onto the playing area at random times}

The basic goal is to turn the 9 areas all to red. The enemies come at you in different ways so it'd be nearly impossible to solve it the same way. As time goes on, the urgency to complete the puzzle goes up because more and more enemies are entering the playing field.

It's all worth it, when you complete the second level to get a nice cutscene of animation and beeps.

Starting with Changeman and my next adventure will be Fitter. It has similar gameplay but on a more advanced level.

I will need to dig into the manual for Fitter because there is a third, very interesting level, that I have yet to figure out. Fitter is basically a souped up Changeman that I look forward to playing Smile
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to my new chum tokyo batman....i now own this sweet little game he sent me all the way from JAPAN! i finally figured out how the red dots move as you solve the puzzles....and because of all the warp zones, you can play at a slow pace if you just keep your eyes peeled for the bad guys. what a fun game. thanks again tokyo!
-billy
oh...my high score so far is 1330

TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're giving away all the strats! I will have to try the warp zone trick. I know I wasn't doing that on my playthroughs.

Game Time Smile
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some time for this one. Another night of fun. So close to finding out what 2000 would bring.

My high score clocked in at:1950

billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dang!
i just decided to visit this page and check in and i'm glad i did because i somehow missed the automatic email notification that you beat my score!
i will be back at this game when time allows.
i am also curious what the 2000 score will bring.
thanks again for sending me the game!
i even saved the shipping label because it is so unique looking...
i agree...the strategy of this game makes it stand out from all others.

Cool
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey! Bring it! I didn't count, but I'm wondering how many different level formats there are.

I wanna see the trophy if there is one. Post the picture!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: