The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Adventure Vision Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Adventure Vision Help Reply with quote

Noticed that the Joystick requires a bit of force to register. I'm thinking the contacts need a clean and was wondering if this is easy to do?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing about the Adventure Vision is 'easy'... Rolling Eyes

Cleaning might help, but there's a good chance the rubber pads are getting old and loosing conductivity and 'springy-ness'... If that's the case, they may need to be replaced (you can probably harvest compatible ones from Entex sports games or something).

Opening the beast isn't too bad, just be careful. 4 screws on the bottom and two on the back at the top (I think that's the right amount, all obvious screws should be removed).

The Joystick assy will slide forward a little and lift upward, but may snag on the right side, just wiggle it out.

Six screws hold the joystick circuit board the that piece of plastic, then carefully pop off the black plastic thing attached to the circuit board. There's your contacts.

I have pictures of all of this if you want to see them (been meaning to write up a 'tear down' of the system, just haven't had a chance...)

Also, on re-assembly, check every wire to make sure it's not being pinched between plastic. Check the position of the ribbon cable to make sure it's not hitting the mirror, and not visible through the screen. Also make sure the joystick is sitting ON the 4 points of the metal spring thing (you'll know what I mean when you open it). It's easy for one of these points to get above the joystick and make it loose move-ability...

And, good advice, as you open it, note where every wire attaches, just in case you get half way through and realize one has come loose... You will know where to re-attach it. Don't attempt to touch the LEDs... Cool That'll destroy them.
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rik, I appreciate all that.

If you do find those photos's that would be excellent.
Jamtex
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do do a tear down of the unit could you take a nice high resolution photo of the underside of the two main PCBs and a rough measurement of the LED board? Very Happy
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tear down is already done and photographed... Cool Check here:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/_Temp/AV/

The first one is the controller/sound board (is that the side you wanted?) This also shows the rubber pads I was talking about that are likely the problem with vcoleiro's AV.

Last 3 pics are the LED board, front & back of the main board.

I didn't measure the LED board, but you might be able to make a good guess from the picture. If I open it up, I'll measure it... Smile

If using the pics for placement of disconnected wires, pay close attention to the others to make sure you have the same colors... I'm not certain the colors of the wires stayed consistent during the manufacture of the system.
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rik, when I'm feeling a bit confident, I'll open it and work out whats happening with the rubber contacts etc. Hopefully it's as simple as a clean. Otherwise I'll get a cheap Entex sport game as you suggest and canabalise it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: