The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hello from Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr_bob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Hello from Ireland Reply with quote

Hi there , been keeping an eye on the forum but only got around to joining now.I'm based in Dublin , and I collect tabletops and a few other handhelds.
I've love VFDs especially , but I've a soft spot for the Tomytronic 3ds (some really impressive visuals , even today!) Actually the scanned thundering turbos manual on this very site is one I sent in back in 04!
Like a lot of you I also collect old home computers and consoles .

I've a Youtube channel where I look at old games/consoles/repairs etc
http://www.youtube.com/user/luasdublin
A lot of it is console/computer based but I've a few handheld reviews , like this one:
http://youtu.be/damMnxulEqI
and I look at odd things like this boardgame /electronic game hybrid
http://youtu.be/V18KjCh6rI4

I'm actually selling a bit of the collection to fund a new pc (the creaky one I have at the moment takes forooooevvvver to render anything , and with a wife and two small children the only way I can make the spare 'Daddys hobby" cash is either sell some handhelds , or sell a kidney .Believe me it was a tough decision!), I'll put up details over in the forsale forum later.
Anyway nice to meet you all:)
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Dr. Bob !

Nice to meet you too ! 2 small children hey ? Well no worry they only cost a lot the first 20 years Wink

Pat
GameWatchGuy
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Welcome!
Yes. The kids are expensive. I have 4 and money seems to be spent just as fast or faster than I make it!

~John
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sell their poop as bio fuel and move abroad when they start studying (free in some countries). That reduces the total cost of 100000€ per child by half at least.
GameWatchGuy
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blanka wrote:
Just sell their poop as bio fuel and move abroad when they start studying (free in some countries). That reduces the total cost of 100000€ per child by half at least.

HI.
Good idea! My oldest boy is getting really big. His new nickname is BigBadJohn. This might make us rich! ...lol

~John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: