The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Recommendations for selling games.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Recommendations for selling games. Reply with quote

OK, I have to sell my extra games to make room. I have about 400-500 loose and boxed games that must go. I have come to the conclusion if I wait until I have time I will never get these things listed and sold. Any recommendations? Here is what I thought about.

1. A consignment place. Anyone use one of these? What % do they take?
2. Selling in bulk and lose the opportunity to make a profit.
3. Donating common ones and get the tax write off
4. Listing on Craigslist and let a local reseller buy in bulk and resale them
5. Trade multiple fairly rare games for one super rare game.
?? Your recommendation is ?????

I really would like these gone by Christmas. I just finished some big projects so I have about 2 months to spend on this. Trying to maximize the selling price, but really want to free up space also.

Linda
Panic Button
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay them! You'll maximise profit by advertising them to the global collecting market. Sell 20 or so a week and they'll be gone by xmas! I'd certainly be interested in any rare ones you might list.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say that most of the consignment places I've looked into take 40-50% of the selling price... I would only use them if things like packing/shipping are just too much of a pain (which for handhelds is probably not the case). I used them to sell some computers that I was otherwise going to give away... They sold for about $100, and I think I ended up getting about $60 of that...

Rik
GameHoarder
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you are asking and why.

Taking pictures, packing, mailing and other such things that take up time and space.

I would say that the best bet is to sell them on eBay in LOTS with so many games in a lot for one price. You could sell some of the nice boxed and more rare ones by themselves or smaller lots with discounted combined shipping and handling for multible wins that is easy to figure so that less bidders have to ask you about S&H.

You could spend more time on the listing of the games in print then pictures with larger lots with a list of games and conditions with a few pictures that give a better idea of whats for sale.

You should be able to sort the hundreds of games you have for sale down to 35 auctions or less including the auctions you may have for the nice boxed and more rare games.

I understand that you are in the U.S. so shipping within the U.S. is not as much as a problem as is the shipping of larger lots out of the country.

I watch and bid on a few nice game lots now and then when I find them with reasonable S&H and starting prices. Some times I win, but most times I'm out bid and sometimes the ending prices are way more then I was willing to go.
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just throw them all separate as BIN on Ebay. You are queen of pricing games as I understand, so you can set the right price right away. The last 10-20% still available in december can be turned into auction games. Just figure out all abroad shipping prices in advance, so you don't have to answer questions too much. Saying you only ship US slows things down and means less money, and people won't stop asking you to ship abroad anyway. Oh, and check first class surface fees at the post office itself. Using internet prices of Priority shipping will turn the offers into rediculistings by default.

And making LOTs sucks. People who buy lots only pay the maximum money for that one game they really need, and then add 10-20$ for the rest they need to resell.

Oh, and please tell us what you want to sell. You might be able to get rid of a great amount to handheld lovers here.
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

List them all here for a reasonable price each. Give it 2 months then eBay the rest in lots.

I for one am interested in a few of your games as per previous emails. Give the community here the opportunity first to buy them and keep them in the community.
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm think I've decided on a two prong approach. List 30 -50 per month on ebay and another 20 or so in lots of 3 - 5 games on Rik's site for trade. These trade items never work for me, but I will try it one more time.

I will start unpacking and taking pictures this weekend. Will probably list some NES games on ebay also.

Regards,
Linda
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade never works well IMHO , best just list them with prices. Even if you agree on items to trade, you end up losing on the shipping cost that you need to pay.

Why not list them here first before eBay or at least list them in both places simultaneously.

By the way what is your eBay I'd?
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right about the trade never working. No one ever wants to give up their rare games even for an equally rare game. The only person I've successfully traded a large quantity of games with is Simon (sexysi247). He's done well with some of the rare games I traded him. Smile

I haven't gotten around to listing any games on ebay. These are the rare games for trade. From previous experience I expect to have 95% of these left over. I will probably list 5 -10 of the most common ones (i.e. Ludotronic, Actronics, Tomy) if they aren't traded. The rest will return to the vault. I'm so tired of repacking these.

[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I really want to trade so I am taking the time to put together a general "want list."
Box for Pucki & Monsters tabletop (mine is missing the top)
Boxed Tiger Space Invaders tabletop
ANY Rare handheld sports game from the 1980's that I don't already have. examples would be:
-Boxed Caprice Pro action Basketball
-Boxed Toytronic basketball
-Boxed Tecmo Basketball
-Boxed Dynamic football II
-Boxed Grandstand Pocket Match of the day
-Toytronic Kick and Pass
-Sportron American Nose to Nose Football
-Boxed sherman tank
-Boxed Entex black knight
- Boxed Mr. digger
- Boxed Dynamite Panic
- Boxed Pirate Super Color Screen
- Boxed Vtech Planet Mars
- Boxed Space Race
-Boxed boxed Walkie style games
-Boxed boxed necklace type game
-Boxed Tiger handhelds
-Boxed Tiger Tabletops
-ANY handheld game from the 1980s that I don't have.

Please note I am slow to respond to email. For the games in the picture, I rather trade, so even if you offer me a fair monetary offer, I probably won't accept. It's nothing personal, I just hope I have something so rare I can get another person to trade a rare item to me. I rather hold on to them if they aren't traded.

I hope to start listing games tomorrow. I will let you know the ebay id when I do. I use a few different ones.

I totally underestimated the number I have to sell so I will just do my best. I'm exhausted from moving the first 15 tubs and have unpacked only 3 and still have another 10 or so tubs to move to my staging spot. about 25 tubs/boxes total. I have 2 unboxed Adventurevisons if i can find them. One works fine (Rik fixed it for me. Thanks again Rik.) and one works intermittently. I will list one on ebay when I find them. Trying to sell the common unboxed stuff first anyway so I'm in no hurry.

Regards,
Linda

Let's Make a deal.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, really want that Defender Strikes... Mr. Green I'm still in the process of going through all my games and finding what I have duplicates of, games I forgot I had all together, and others I could stand to live without... Maybe we can work something out when I get all that sorted... Rolling Eyes (If someone doesn't beat me to it...)

But I know how you feel about the rare ones... Generally, if it's rare I probably only have one, and wouldn't really want to trade it off...
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will probably still be there. I'm ridiculously hard on trades of extremely rare items.

I under estimated the magnitude of my extras in the collection. I will not get anything posted today. Hopefully tomorrow. I took several pictures today. Did tons of sorting. Decided I have to sell most of the common ones in bulk lots. Still haven't opened all the tubs and boxes. Hope to find some gems in a couple weeks when I get to them. Took out my extra NES also. I have about 300 of those I'm selling in lots of 9 games each.

Tomorrow. I WILL get some games listed on ebay tomorrow. I mean it.

Regards,
Linda
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I hadn't just picked up a Defender Strikes after 1 year of looking everyday worldwide, Id be interested in your one for sure. Damn thing is rare as it gets.

Id be interested in a couple of your items to buy if your willing to sell (ie change your mind). Ive got a lot of rare stuff , but none of it your missing, so can't trade.

I'd be interested in the boxed Select-a-game and any games you have for it, also interested in the Tiger Smurfs and the Tini-arcades like Home Sweet Home and Wild Man Jump.

I think even if someone had a game you would trade for, they would be extremely unlikely to have 2 of them . Without having 2 of an item, no one would trade.

Last edited by vcoleiro1 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Panic Button
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'd be interested in buying the Defender Strikes too (an unboxed one would be fine), along with the Bandai Tutankham, Jawbreaker, the Tiger Galaxx, and an Entex Scramble cart and Romtec Frog Prince.... I don't have anything to trade and imagiine that given you've got one of the most comprehensive collections on the planet that you'd find trades hard to come by.
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After unpacking about 7 more tubs and boxes today. I've come to the conclusion that all my extras must go including the trade items. I may keep a couple as back ups for parts, but I have TOO MUCH STUFF.

I'm listing under member1453006. I'm trying to list my least desirable games first with one or two desirable games mixed in to get people to look at my auctions. Nothing to stunning out there right now, but please keep looking and please buy it all. Smile Will try to list more every couple days. don't know when I will get around to listing the really rare stuff, but they will be the last items I plan to list.

Regards,
Linda

By the way, I keep thinking about the new TV show Collection Intervention. I could have really used them. Laughing
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Lots, and US only.....
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: