The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wanted Tennis and UFO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlbond1982
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Wanted Tennis and UFO Reply with quote

I'm looking for Tennis and UFO. I Don't have a lot of information on these games except a picture of the Tennis game below and it was around in the early 90s.The UFO game is the same style so I would say it was made by the same company, This game from memory is Mostly black and some red.

If anyone has one for sale or if anyone has details so I track them down, please let me know.

Thanks in advance Cool
danieljdrocha
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these games are generic, no brand

I have these two games you want, but I can not sell, are from my collection
carlbond1982
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any chance you could upload a photo of the UFO game please? I might be able use it to try and locate it on other forums. Thanks
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have games of that _exact_ shape become harder to find? A couple of years ago it was discovered to have been used as a prop in the movie The Fifth Element, so prop replica makers have been hunting them down as well... I believe 'Frog' was the game actually used, but any game of the exact shape seen above is acceptable to them.

I think someone even made a mold of it to just make more replica props that way since the actual games are hard to find... Cool

I think just being so generic makes them hard to track down specifically too...
kisember
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want to say these kind of games are desirable ones? If I would have a chance to receive them free of charge with other game I bought, I would think twice to accept it to avoid higher shipping charge. I might need to revalidate my preferences. Very Happy

Btw I got a few such game already. (no battery covers). I did not even list such games at my collection and recently put them on the hands of my youngest (~1) son to let the olders play with games I keep at higher respect. Embarassed
They are common ones around here (Hungary, Europe). There are a few similar form factor, as you see in the picture, and I believe they were produced at the early 90's. Unfortunately the owners treat them the same way like me so they are usually in bad shape.

Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the red one you have pictured. Everything has to match that exactly for the movie prop. The shape, the grove patterns, the number of/shape of/position of the buttons.

They spray-painted it black and it became the remote-control for the XF-1, the crazy do-everything gun Zorg trades to the Mangalores for the empty suitcase... Mr. Green

Looked like this:
http://www.yourprops.com/view_item.php?movie_prop=56536

For a while the prop making community was searching for these, and will probably still throw $20 at them when they find them... But since someone started making molds of the game to appease the demand, I don't think they are actively sought after much anymore... But it is still cooler to make it from the actual game than a resin copy.

Searching on eBay, they can be easy to 'run across', but harder to specifically search for. Ultimately they are largely worthless games, but when you want a specific one, that can get frustrating. Rolling Eyes
kisember
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for explaining!

Btw it raise some hidden collector instinct inside me that I didn't know earlier. Wink
I need to get some movie props, at least for christmas persent for someone.
danieljdrocha
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: handheld ufo Reply with quote

hello, sorry for the delay, I had no time to take the photos, I added some pictures, if you want a better quality, let me know

you a collector? already have some of these games?

this is my game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: