The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
WTF is this??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: WTF is this?? Reply with quote

Check this game out and the price, cant find it here . Anyone know what it is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-K-19.....43b4149a0b
GameHoarder
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not here in the museum because it is a "electronic board game". I have played the game in the past when it first came out. I knew some "cowboys" that worked on the oil line and they had the game. I don't remember much about the game play as those daze were long ago, but I remember it was a very interesting game to play.

I have many of the "electronic board games" in my collection as I find them at very reasonable prices at thrift stores and sales now and then.

I see that the prices on them have gone up since I bought a couple of them at sales years back. Back when I bought mine you were lucky to find a complete game set at a reasonable price as there are many small parts. But it was pretty easy to find them with the box and a few small parts missing. I have 2 of these boxed games that are all there and another boxed set that is mostly there, but the missing parts can be replaced with "other things" to play the game. I also have some non working with parts missing extra towers that I bought off a guy that collected these Dark Tower games. I figured that the parts towers could be used for some sort of interesting "art work" as most of the "guts" and other small parts are missing from them.

I'm suprised that they only made it for a short time and haven't re-released it since it was first made. Not sure why as it is a fun game to play, but the towers can have "issues" that are tough to fix.

No none of mine are for sale or trade at this time.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have this game from back in the 80 (still boxed, no missing pieces!). It's a pretty collectible game, but not sure if it's worth $400... Guess we'll have to watch and see if it gets bids... (although being 'new', it might get a bid...)

I believe mine worked the last time I played it (likely back in the '80s), hopefully it's still functional. I remember the tower feeling 'flimsy', like the slightest drop would break it... But I loved playing it.

I have a couple of board games listed (Mattel's Dallas, MB Arcade Mania) because the electronic device tends to turn up by itself a lot, and people assume it's a handheld game... Just there for clarification (and to avoid getting Emails telling me I'm missing a game. Rolling Eyes )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: