The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nelsonic space attacker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rthomas883

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Nelsonic space attacker Reply with quote

Great website!! I like just scanning all the old games and seeing which ones I remember playing.

I do have a statement I would like to add. There are pictures of Nelsonic Space Attacker, and two related watches that were copy's. There is reference made to this watch just being a copy of Collins Industrial Co. "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" and Majestron- Cosmic Wars.

Actually the Nelsonic version came first(1981), and I believe is considered the first production game watch. I can remember it being in the Sears catalog at an amazing price of $300+.

I purchased mine in fifth grade (1982) from Kmart. They had it, and the original pac-man watch (with the joystick not the buttons) on clearance. It was marked down to about $40 from an original price of $188.

It was the next year(1983) that game watches really started dropping in price Nelsonic/nintendo games going for $20-30. that is when I remember seeing the Wrath of Khan watch based on the 1982 movie.

but I digress Wink

Also I was looking for information on Nelsonic's Grand Prix game/watch.
it was a Game watch, and a calculator. I think it was from 1983?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I'll work on that... Mr. Green I have a bunch of Sears catalogs I'm going to put on the site soon, and I think that Nelsonic is listed in one of them. You are probably right about the releases, the ST one is just the only one I have so far. (But the nice metal ones probably preceeded the cheap plastic ones...)

As for the racing watch, try this one:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Misc/AdvanceCarRace.htm

It doesn't have Nelsonic's name on it, but it woldn't surprise me if they released it as well...

Rik
rthomas883

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool that looks like it is probably the same racing game Cool .
The nelsonic is plastic instead of metal. but otherwise identical.
My =/+ button has the rubber coating warn off from playing it so much.

Thanks for the help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: