The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Try to clear some screens sctraches.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to remember by experience with the Meguiar's now... I think even with the #17 it will get pretty much scratch free. Then the #10 is like a final polishing, so it alone may not be enough to perfectly fix the screen (I could be wrong though...)

Using Brasso, sometimes a little very rapid polishing as you are wiping it off can make a different. Especially on a large surface- slow wiping might not be enough to make it shiny...
Marc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Neil UK"]Hi Marc,
Sorry to hear about your Puckmonster. A similar thing happened to my kids shed windows when I used it. The scratches went but it caused a fogging (see my post on 22/2/06). Meguiars Clear Plastic Polish No.10 might still do the trick and clear the fogging caused by the Brasso if Brasso works in a similar way to Meguiar?s Mirror Glaze Plastic Cleaner No.17
[/quote]

Hi Neil,

Yes, this pretty much describes what has happened to my game as well: The display is 'foggy'. Free of scratches, but not tranparent anymore Crying or Very sad
I think that indeed the Brasso is too aggresive for some plastics.
Maybe I can try the Clear Plastic Polish....

Thanks,
/Marc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: