The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Asterix: Hunt for the Boars (VTech/Ludotronic necklace game)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MADrigal
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:44 am    Post subject: Asterix: Hunt for the Boars (VTech/Ludotronic necklace game) Reply with quote

Hi all
I am in the process of programming a freeware simulator of one of the rarest VTech games of all: Asterix: Hunt for the Boar.
A friend has kindly provided photos and scans of the game - which will form the basis for my simulator.
But I also love to include scans of the original manual in the game, which unfortunately my friend doesn't have.
So the question is very simple: does anyone own the game AND the instructions manual and is available to send me good scanned copies?
If so please email me at lucantignano AT gmail.com and I will provide instructions on DPI settings, colour mode, size, etc.
Of course I will credit the contributor in my simulator, when ready.
Thanks
MADrigal
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:

www.handheldmuseum.com/_Temp/Asterix.zip

I only scanned the English pages (+ the cover)... Just haven't had a chance to PDF it and put it on the site...

No color in this catalog, just straight black ink on white paper, so I've scanned it in 'black and white' mode (true B&W, not grayscale) at 600DPI. That's how most of the manuals on my website are scanned...

Unfortunately I no longer have this, so that's the best I can offer. Cool

-Rik
MADrigal
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rik - this is still better than nothing.
Pity you didn't scan the complete manual.
Can you put me in touch with the person you sold it to? He may be able/willing to scan the rest.
PS: for some weird reason the forum doesn't send me notifications of new posts/replies to threads I follow so I missed your reply in the first place.
Can I please ask (if this works for you) to send me an email instead? lucantignano at the usual gmail
Thanks pal.
L.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: