The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
storage units.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: storage units. Reply with quote

i recently moved a large haul to a climate-controlled storage facility. how weird is it for a dude in his 30s sitting in the dark playing handhelds and tabletops at one of these places?

i've seen one storage unit with a tension rod going across the top with 2-3 layers of thin curtains hanging from the rod. then i saw another one with a huge wall made of particleboard, and he cut out a door-width/height opening.

that seems creepy, like there's some illegal stuff going on back there.

i think if i want to play some retro LCD/LED action, i'll just take a couple of boxes home and be creepy at home. LOL.
GameHoarder
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this and it brought back memories of my days at the storage units in Arizona.

Years back I traveled from Minnesota to Arizona during the winter season in a 1972 Cadillac ambulance that looked like the ghost busters car a little as it was BIG and white with lights all over it.

I had the ambulance full of things for selling at the flea markets as well as a small trailer I pulled behind that was full of interesting items to sell and trade. I also had my black lab dog and a main coon cat along with me.

"We" stayed in Arizona for about 6 months doing the flea markets, Living out of the ambulance and such.

I soon found that I needed a secure storage area for storing my extra things as I would go to the auctions and buy more things for the flea market.

I ended up finding a nice storage unit place that had the long buildings with the garage doors and such.

The couple that managed it lived there on property in a nice sized structure that also housed the office. They had about 7 children ranging in age from about 7 to 17.

I would spend many hours at the storage unit sorting through what I had picked up and fixing on a few things as I had a electric source there for power tools.and such. I got along well with these people and they would some times let me stay inside the secure area for a few hours after the gate had been locked for the day.

I would find many interesting things in the dumpsters that were at this storage place and the manager would let me have some of the things that were from abandoned units and such.

But anyway, I would basically camp out at the storage place some days as I had my work bench and tools set up much like a person would have in a garage at a house on a street.

So it doesn't seem odd to me for people to "camp out" at a storage area if the rules permit it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: