The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tomy Tron!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Singer
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Tomy Tron! Reply with quote

I grew up with Tomy's Caveman game and have always loved it. The simple yet addictive gameplay and those great VFD colors. Imagine my surprise when I discovered this site and found out there were more Tomy games in this same style. Not only that, but a game based on Tron which is a movie I loved as a kid!

I've been hunting for one for quite a while now. They are always found on eBay but generally north of $80 (loose, not boxed). Whether that's fair or not, it's just not in the cards for me to pay that much at this time. I was hoping that if I was patient and watched enough sales slip by, I might finally nab one at a lower price.

Well it finally happened, I scored one for $40 (including shipping). I'd say it's in great shape. The marquee graphics are still nicely painted on, and the instruction label on the bottom is perfect. Needless to say it plays perfectly. The funny thing is at the same time I saw another one for sale on eBay with a Buy It Now price of about $48 (including shipping). That one didn't look quite as nice but it said it played good. Imagine two in one week! Not that I bought that one.

This is not my pic, it's from the site here, but mine looks in the same condition.

Retrotime1987
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you found a Tomy tron they are an excellent game!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: