The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Konami Contra LCD, was it released in Europe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
contrafan
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Konami Contra LCD, was it released in Europe? Reply with quote

Hi. I recently came across a very interesting piece on ebay and it has me baffled.

It's known that the Contra LCD game was released in Japan (as Contra, in Japanese font) and North America (as C). There didn't seem to be any record/evidence of a release anywhere in Europe, let alone other regions.

Well I have stumbled upon a scan of instructions for this handheld... in Spanish! Take a look: http://i882.photobucket.com/al.....C05516.jpg

It is not simply an unofficially translated and printed document, either. The bottom of the instructions lists Erbe as the distributor. For those who don't know, Erbe handled the distribution of the European home computer releases of Contra, known as Gryzor, in Spain. Now I'm wondering whether there exists an extremely rare European (or at least Spanish) release of this LCD game. Considering there had been a similar case with that Mega Man 2 LCD watch (not the LCD handheld), it might not be implausible. Would anyone be able to get more info on this?

EDIT: It looks like information and data is starting to unravel as time goes by. I now came across the packaging for a release of "C" in the UK. Take a look at this: http://gamewatch.com.es/wp-con.....me_000.jpg

There must be more to this. So now we have releases in Japan, North America, UK and Spain...
Retrotime1987
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting, I have always wondered about releases of games In forgien countries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: