The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LCD Golf games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: LCD Golf games Reply with quote

electronic golf games is my current obsession. i've bought up a few titles in the past 2 months. here's the list:

1984 Bandai LSI Pro Golf (complete)*
1990 Tiger Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf (loose w/ manual)
1993 Radio Shack Dual-Screen Championship Golf II (complete)*
1993 MGA Dual-Screen Super Pro Golf [MGA-810] (complete)
1996 MGA Dual-Screen Pro Golf [MGA-810B] (sealed)
1997 MGA Golf Keychain Game (sealed)*
19XX ??? Championship Golf [9730] (box, game, no manual)
2000 Radica EA Tiger Woods Ultimate 18 (complete)

three of these (marked with *) are still in route to me, and two i haven't played yet.

the three Dual-Screen games are essentially the same game. i plan on giving the sealed MGA-810B, as a christmas present, to my father-in-law who loves golf (actual golf). the other dupe for me is because the one i have currently smells like moth balls and stale perfume from the previous owner.

Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf is good, but my absolute favorite is the moth ball smelling game; MGA-810. The incoming Radio Shack version will be its replacement, unless it smells worse (or doesn't function exactly the same).

the generic no-name 19XX Championship Golf will probably go back on eBay or something; i don't like its design. there's no way to turn the unit off, and you can't quit a game without a paper clip or something nearby. the game mechanics are not my style either. it takes for...ev...er for the guy to swing the club.

the Tiger Woods Ultimate 18 has a filmstrip inside of it that lets you change the color backdrop layout to match the hole you're on. genius!

I have another golf game in storage, a 1992 single-screen MGA game simply titled Golf. i don't remember much about it so i'll have to dig it out.

I can't wait to see how the older 1984 Bandai game plays.
I'm going to keep the keychain version, when THAT comes in, inside my desk at work. Smile
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to pick up one of these:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tandy/Golf.htm

I but that's almost like the real thing! (I mean seriously, the shot button is a little golf ball!)

Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: