The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does anyone know what this watch game?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveB
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know what this watch game? Reply with quote

I have been trying to work out what this electronic watch game is called. It was something like Shark you had to swim from an island to some kind of ship. Im going to try and add a picture Id be grateful for any help I know its a blurry shot sorry.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know about when it came out? It doesn't look immediately familiar to me, but there's others here more into the watch games... Cool
SteveB
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
Do you know about when it came out? It doesn't look immediately familiar to me, but there's others here more into the watch games... Cool

It was 1983 0r 84 if that helps.
nick0
Microvision

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to have the same case as Nelsonic Planes and Tanks which might be a good place to start http://handheldmuseum.com/Nelsonic/Tanks.htm
SteveB
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick0 wrote:
Looks to have the same case as Nelsonic Planes and Tanks which might be a good place to start http://handheldmuseum.com/Nelsonic/Tanks.htm

thanks Ill look into it.
SteveB
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I think I have found it, the game watch was a Nelsonic and it was called Sea Ranger. My version had a blue case and the picture I found had a black case and slightly different buttons. Im pretty sure it was the same game though.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, that helps, didn't know about the different styles. I found a pic of one that looks closer to the one in your photo, although little details like the position of the text at the top still aren't a perfect match... But there could be more than one variation. If you re-load the Sea Ranger page it should show up.

Also, here's a YouTube video of the 2-button style if you want to see the game play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5NLolmX9Og
RATH
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone know what this watch game? Reply with quote

SteveB wrote:
I have been trying to work out what this electronic watch game is called. It was something like Shark you had to swim from an island to some kind of ship. Im going to try and add a picture Id be grateful for any help I know its a blurry shot sorry.

CITIZEN Man-eating shark game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: